The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are you earning steady income from email marketing?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I'm very new to email marketing. For as far as I know, what you need to do is that you keep communicate with your list, provide them with knowledge and value, and occasionally send them product information and hope they would buy from your link. You'll never know who will buy and who won't, so it's all very random isn't it? Is it possible to earn a steady income out of email marketing?

You've described the right strategy, Kay!
If you generate not only advertising content but provide your subscribers with some valuable unique information, the chance they will familiarize with your promotional letter and open the website will increase extremelly.
As for me, I'm trying to follow 80/20 rule, where 80% are some useful articles and 20% - information about me services.
Moreover the traffic you'll get from your letters will be targeted, so conversion percent will be really high.

You've described the right strategy, Kay!
If you generate not only advertising content but provide your subscribers with some valuable unique information, the chance they will familiarize with your promotional letter and open the website will increase extremelly.
As for me, I'm trying to follow 80/20 rule, where 80% are some useful articles and 20% - information about me services.
Moreover the traffic you'll get from your letters will be targeted, so conversion percent will be really high.

So are you getting steady income from email marketing Helen?

i've found that email marketing is good as a secondary income source, i have yet to meet someone that uses it for steady income.

Yes, email marketing is the best platform to convey your message to your targeted audience. Every other business do email marketing, but the question is are you doing this sort of marketing in a correct way. In email marketing open & click rate are most important, it helps to analyse the is our email strategy are going on a right path or not. Checkout blogs or articles to improve email marketing open rates.

@HelenVendo @Garyman - If this is good secondary income, what's the best primary? Thanks!
I'm sending out affiliate promotions to my mail list and it brings me the biggest part of the income from email marketing.
But except this I'm working under affiliate programs and I use not only email to promote the products but some other platforms like website, social media etc. and it brings me more than just email marketing.

I'm sending out affiliate promotions to my mail list and it brings me the biggest part of the income from email marketing.
But except this I'm working under affiliate programs and I use not only email to promote the products but some other platforms like website, social media etc. and it brings me more than just email marketing.
Thanks!! That clarifies things :)

Secondary income unless you have the data. It works, but IMO has to be large scale.
I used to work for a large data house and we broadcast 250,000 emails a day, every day. This was data that we collected ourselves, purchased outright or managed for clients.

Work the numbers back, straight prospecting email with a good offer, you may get an open rate of 5% on average.
So of your 250K, on a good day you might get 12.5K people actually open.
(I say on a good day, email has so many variables like delivery, subject lines, time of send etc)

Click to open rate, lets call it 10% to be generous and make the maths easier.
1,200 have clicked through to your site, now how many convert? Just for giggles, call it 10% because its another variable heavy metric, so thats 120 conversions.

120 sales from a 250,000 send if you're lucky.

I'm starting to ramble now, so lets bring this to a point. What kills you is the cost of your data and send. An email platform might cost you £1,000 a month? But you got to get the data through it and the campaigns, the machine needs to be constantly fed so you're not burning data.

Secondary income unless you can scale.

Sales from email marketing is about ten percent of my sales. I get more money from my website just being accidentally found. It's still a great addition to my income because more money will allow me to improve my business. I find that it's more stead if I focus on one strong campaign instead having multiple options for them to choose from.

email marketing requires very large volumes to make good money. eCPMs have been going down the last 2-3 years but you can still get to 4-5$ CPM on good campaigns. its important that all email addresses are opt-in, either acquired through sponsoring/coreg or either organically build through email capture on your site/blog.

Campaigns that work well on email marketing are big brand names (with +30 day cookie duration) and sweepstakes. Other offers are hard to get profitable but its all about testing and optimization of course. Good markets for email marketing nowadays are Brazil, Poland, and France

banners
Back