“Adavice”/  “1Win

my first proper site

T

tony

ok i dont might feedback good or bad
but this is the first proper site ive had after having free accounts before

although i am contempating changing it for a CMS

Tony,
Its not bad, but you seem to have used a CMS to develop it, do you mean you want to change to a different CMS ?
Temi

Ahhh,
I see, how did you implement the add comments and other interactive element on the site, did you do the coding yourself ?
Temi

its all in the css
nope i couldnt design anything that good on my own, i had some help

:)

Question:
how did you implement the add comments and other interactive element on the site, did you do the coding yourself ?
Answer:
its all in the css
nope i couldnt design anything that good on my own, i had some help

CSS has nothing to do with CMS or implementing interactive elements into a website. CSS or Cascade Style Sheet helps only in the way a page LOOKS.. text formating, links.. stuff like that.. it has nothing to do with server-side programming.

The site doesn't look so good.. poor graphics, and the buttons you offer for download are not so nice. You can still improve your site.. good luck

sorry, i didnt read the question properly, the add comments on the news page im presuming your talking about, i used a program called cutenews www.cutephp.com i think is the website

and the graphics i made were done at college as part of assignments that i just put on the site incase anyone wanted to use them
to be honest im not too bothered about the content, this was my 1st proper site ive had other than free accounts so i just wanted to try out as many new things as possible before i start uni at the end of the month

no problem :D
it's a good site for practice.. but you should look into web graphics and learn more. it's a very interesting domain. Good luck, Radu

i have tried learning photoshop
its harder than i thought ive onlybeen taught PSP, hopefully that will change in uni though

Try Macromedia Fireworks.
- It's easier to learn, and the output regarding graphics for web is almost the same. Also in FW you have powerfull slicing tools

Photoshop

Photosjhop is not easy...this I'm sure...I remember my first days...but now you can find on the Internet many tutorials, step by step tutorials, and a lot of help. I suggest you to continue with Photoshop it's very very good.

Ovi

I like very simple might not be "pro" graphics but
good enough oh and one more thing , the buttons really do blow.

banners
Back