The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

1st to submit but pushed to the back - is this right?

vicdigi

affiliate
Is this right -

You find a directory that is relatively new, submit to a category as one of the first if the not, the first to submit and then go back a week or so later to check your listing and then see it has been put on the second, third or whatever page after you paid for submission.

I have found this only in the UK.

This, surely is so not the way to do business or take people's money.

One - you see the directory as a total mistrust and will only serve to not do business again or submit with whoever the directory owner is.

Two - the directory owner receives a bad name.

In our paid directory (I only have one paid listing type directory). we make all paid listings featured. then if there are more than 5 I split the category. In Fact if we go on to the second page of a category ai try to see if it is possible to split the category to give everyone a solid listing.

if you are talking about Link Bid based site that is true.

if you pay $1.00 and the next guy to pay $1.00 will stay ahead.

-- Not sure if that logic is correct or not, but will make the new submitter happy!

-- Not sure if that logic is correct or not, but will make the new submitter happy!

No, I think we are all aware of bidding directories and they do what must and should be done. After all, that is the basis of bidding.

I am talking about your everyday general directory and, without mentioning any names - talking about somebody who actuallu uses UK WW.

It's sad and it's a real shame. If this is the way they run their directory then it should be stated on their site clearly.

You are right about this in LBS, its being corrected, we should have a new release next week, it corrects a few bugs including the one you mentioned.

Thanks

Vic,
Sometimes things like this are not done intentionally, send and email to the owner of the directory and he/she will probably correct this.... if nothing is done perhaps you should name and shame the directory.

Is this right -

You find a directory that is relatively new, submit to a category as one of the first if the not, the first to submit and then go back a week or so later to check your listing and then see it has been put on the second, third or whatever page after you paid for submission.

I have found this only in the UK.

This, surely is so not the way to do business or take people's money.

One - you see the directory as a total mistrust and will only serve to not do business again or submit with whoever the directory owner is.

Two - the directory owner receives a bad name.

you may post the name of the directory, so, if it is one of my many directories, I will be happy to correct it.

the same way if the owner know of your concern they may fix it.

thanks

Yeah agreed name the directory there are a few us that are new to directory business and if i was doing something wrong then id prefer someone to tell me, however if they react in the wrong way to your comment then you know that it was done on purpose :laugh:

Thanks all for your support on this. I can assure you it is none of you good folks here.

I'd rather not name the directory as it takes a little more than that to push me so far.

Just thought i'd have a rant about it and get off my chest while hot

I would agree with Temi, email the owner. There is no harm in sending a quick email. The owner may have made some changes to his/her directory, been hacked etc etc

The first to submit in my directories remains at the top and the rest follow behind, unless it's a featured listing. I think this is the best way of approving submissions.

banners
Back