The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate marketing taxes as a begginer

BO11

affiliate
How can i learn to do taxes as a affiliate marketer (freelancer)?
I mean learn from zero because i dont know nothing about them i dont even know where you pay taxes.

You need to hire a tax preparer. As a marketer you are an independent contractor. Each country has their own rules and laws regarding tax collections, tax preparations, etc. I highly recommend a tax preparer. I've been in business for more than 50 years and I use a tax preparer. We are marketers, we are not tax preparers.

For the record it is self-employment income and is (generally) reported to the tax-man.
If you live in the US, your income may effect the deduction of yourself as a dependent child on your parent's returns.
So, ask your mom or dad to help you with this matter if you are in the US or have a similar situation in your domicile (country, state).

Here in Canada, it is entered as self-employment income, too. I always used an accountant, still do even though I'm retired now.

You may or may not be required to pay taxes and pension plan contributions, depending on how much you made and what your country's rules are for those types of things.

Like Graybeard said, ask an adult to help you with this, so you don't have to worry about whether or not you're in compliance. Also, you may be able to call a number to that department of your government, or contact them online to ask questions. It's helpful to have a basic understanding of what they require of you.

Here in the UK paying tax as a LTD or sole trader is not that difficult, and I would advise that you go to your local gouvernment website and do a search. At 15 learning how you and your country deal with income tax would be a very good thing to do.
But Graybeard has it right, take to your parents or gardian, they will need to know.

MI
Back