The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

AI enhances creativity

Graybeard

AI will just spew out generic bullshit to generic questions <prompts>.

However,

... AI enhances creativity ...
They then recruited 600 people to judge how good the stories were, assessing them for novelty—whether the stories did something new or unexpected—and 'usefulness'—how appropriate they were for the target audience, and whether the ideas could be developed and potentially published.

They found that writers with the most access to AI experienced the greatest gains to their creativity, their stories scoring 8.1% higher for novelty and 9% higher for novelty compared with stories written without AI.

read: Stories written with AI assistance found to be more creative, better written and more enjoyable

They found that writers with the most access to AI experienced the greatest gains to their creativity, their stories scoring 8.1% higher for novelty and 9% higher for novelty compared with stories written without AI.

So, were the writers actually more creative? Sounds like AI was the creative muse.

I do get all this, I do. However, writers managed to get seed prompt from almost anything in the world since writing began and I'm sad that people will stop using their innate abilities and imagination by turning it all over to AI.

Do they still have to use their writing talents? Sure but much less so if AI is creating their outlines and drafts.

I guess I'm viewing traditional wordsmithing as 'pure' and AI involvement as bastardizing the craft. Rightly or wrongly, it feels to me like we lose something in this transition. Could AI be a great organizational tool (think editorial content schedule)? Sure. I just don't like the idea of turning so much of the creative process over to it, seems like a slippery slope.

Furthermore, do I realize that this all makes me sound like a crazy old woman resistant to a modern changing world? Yup. :D

banners
Back