The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Amazon ads on TikTok

Graybeard

Amazon ads show on some streaming services in Roku, too. There's a direct link, just use your remote to go to the Amazon product page.

Roku OS is constantly trying to fit more ads with stronger targeting into its UI, whether that's on the menu, on screensavers, or delivered via Roku TV channels. Earlier this year, Roku OS introduced home-screen video ads.

Yeah, some of the free streaming channels have a ridiculous number of ads per session, more than the actual Roku channel, often times. But the paid channels, i.e. Prime, have commercials now too, despite paying for a subscription. However, now you have to upgrade and pay more than you already are to get rid of the ads. Like YouTube does. Speaking of which, they also have increased their number of ads, I've noticed.

Roku has also tested a feature that "would force viewers to sit through effectively a mid-roll ad when clicking from the Roku City screensaver to return to home screen

I haven't experienced that. My remote takes me to the home screen from there.

Additionally, Roku filed a patent for showing ads over anything you plug into your TV

Puke

Going even further, newcomer Displace is offering a peek at an aggressive TV-as-a-store future. The company says its sets, which will ship at the end of the year, will be able to use proprietary gesture tech to tell if someone is raising a hand. The TV will pause the content and use computer vision to look for stuff the viewer can buy. Viewers can place items they want in a shopping cart and pay for them using the TV's integrated NFC reader.

Jeezus. The world keeps getting creepier. I want to watch my TV, I don't want my TV watching me.

The section about Telly is crazy, too. Free TV in exchange for your in-depth info/data and they can show things even when your TV is turned off. But you can't opt-out or you'll have to pay for the TV.

Even crazier....

The company's viewing and activity data policy says its TVs can track a myriad of things, including settings, search queries, apps usage, and how many people are within 25 feet of the TV

Telly’s first 400,000 users have “higher incomes than the US average," which seems like a draw for advertisers.

The only good news I guess, is that Telly is not expected to become a super player in the ad biz. I guess time will tell.

Everything in italics in that post is from the article that Graybeard posted a link to.

I realized you can't tell the origin unless you have read the article.

I want to watch my TV, I don't want my TV watching me.
Well, I no longer watch TV for some years now --I just use streaming (without ads). But, same here.

However, TV has always had more wide-cast advertising. Just proving if it's free --you are the product ...

I just use streaming
That's all I use, too, just on my TV via Roku. You can get cable packages via your ISP but I don't. Cable isn't necessary anymore, for the most part. And there are hundreds of free Roku channels. All or most of them ad supported, of course.

Just proving if it's free --you are the product ...
Yup, absolutely true! And apparently, a very profitable one.

CTV Advertising is one of the most rapid ad growth markets on the planet. CTV (Connected TV) advertising allows for more targeted and personalized ads because they actually have user data to guide the delivery of your ads. Viewer data includes viewing habits, as well as interests and demographics. This can, and does, offer advertisers extensive measurements from tracking data which, of course, allows for better ad budget projections and fulfillment. In short, and unlike traditional TV, we can reach specific audience segments with more precise targeting.

I've been researching this for a while now as my brands have, just a few months ago, added authorization for me to begin some testing with monitored placements with CTV. I'll be putting up two destination placements and two charter travel placements beginning in November to test the waters.

There needs to be enforceable legislation with specific enforceable boundaries.
I mean if I am looking at a cortisone cream at Amazon I don't what the intrusiveness of seeing offer after offer for cortisone cream on my TV display PukeOr, display advertising on the Internet.
If it's something mundane like sweatshirts or socks --it's no so specific to be assumed as tracking.

Advertisers are digging their own hole by misusing PPI offensively as far as I am concerned.

MI
Back