The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Confused about editing work

OUPES

Hello everyone, I always had some questions about Blog affiliate partners.
Since I have never worked on a review website, I don't quite understand what the affiliate partners' job titles are responsible for.
For example, Editor-in-chief, Responsible Editor, Executive Editor, what are their job responsibilities?
Sometimes I can find more details in "About Us" column but not always.
Suppose I want to collaborate with a Blog site, should I contact the writer or the Editor?
I once talked with a writer who told me that in their team, she was assigned work by the editor rather than deciding the content herself.
Is this true for most content site teams?
Does anyone know how these? It would be greatly appreciated anyone knows to comment.:cool:

Without knowing the size and organization in charge of the 'blog' (better said *the publisher*), there is no definitive answer to your query.

In any organization there is a hierarchy. In layman's terms: the manager or boss of the blog.

Sounds to me that you are just trying to make cold contacts toward advancing your 'mission'.

Start at the top and see if you can make shit flow downhill and get the decision make to forward you to the correct individual ;)

Without knowing the size and organization in charge of the 'blog' (better said *the publisher*), there is no definitive answer to your query.

In any organization there is a hierarchy. In layman's terms: the manager or boss of the blog.

Sounds to me that you are just trying to make cold contacts toward advancing your 'mission'.

Start at the top and see if you can make shit flow downhill and get the decision make to forward you to the correct individual ;)
Thank you graybeard, your right that there is a hierarchy in any organization. I think I'm not familiar enough with the publisher and trying to find common ground.

Since I have never worked on a review website, I don't quite understand what the affiliate partners' job titles are responsible for.
For example, Editor-in-chief, Responsible Editor, Executive Editor, what are their job responsibilities?

Okay, you have a several different subjects and topics here. I don't see what your not having worked for or on a review site becomes relevant to your statements and questions. It is completely irrelevant to the rest of your statements and questions.

Affiliate Partners are not the same as Partners.
  • For example, AffiliateFix and many of the vendors in our resources area are partners with one another. We both have dedicated pages for one another on our sites and do cross promotions with one another.
  • Affiliate Partners, on the other hand, are typically affiliates for a site owners represented product/services affiliate program.
With regards to the various editor titles you are pointing to, they are likely completely irrelevant to your affiliate needs, wants, or interests. I can envision absolutely no reason for an affiliate to be involved with an editor of content unless it is an individual for a very small site that wears many hats.

Suppose I want to collaborate with a Blog site, should I contact the writer or the Editor?

If you are looking to collaborate on copy and content as an Author/Contributor, then yes. If you are looking to collaborate as an affiliate to promote their product, services, site, or to place your own ads on the site, then no.

I once talked with a writer who told me that in their team, she was assigned work by the editor rather than deciding the content herself.
Is this true for most content site teams?

Yes, content teams are told what to write and how to write it. While the writing and/or copy staff are told what to write and how to write it, the editor is also told what to do by the upper management or owners of the content site.

Keep in mind, most blogs are not very productive. When it comes to content sites, blogs are on the very low end of the publishing sites online. More than 80% of the blogs are dropped and abandoned within six months. The remaining 20% are largely non productive personal blogs that are not designed for earning. On average, there are less than 1% of all blogs in the world that may offer some form of worthwhile advertising options and/or affiliate programs.

My advice is to forget about blogs as a traffic source, as an ad exchange partner, as a affiliate partner, and/or as a partner. There are just way too many other profitable and stable areas and opportunities in our industry for an affiliate to excel.

mood GIF

What Graybeard and TJ said. I think they've answered most of your questions.

I'll just add that if you were thinking of pitching an article/story/blog post, you would do that by pitching to the editor. Assuming you want your own (only) byline.

The odds of an established writer wanting to share his or hers with another writer can be pretty slim, although not impossible. Thing is, that writer may not know you or your work, which won't make it any easier. It's just not typically done for more than one reason: they don't know you; they don't want to share their byline/work/reputation; they don't want to share the pay; two writers seldom have writing voices that are similar enough to create a cohesive piece of work.

Then again, if you want to join a team of writers, you won't have a say in the matter, anyway.

Hey! Usually, the Editor-in-Chief oversees everything, the Executive Editor manages daily operations, and the Responsible Editor ensures content accuracy. If you want to collaborate, contacting the Editor is your best bet.

Hey! Usually, the Editor-in-Chief oversees everything, the Executive Editor manages daily operations, and the Responsible Editor ensures content accuracy. If you want to collaborate, contacting the Editor is your best bet.
thank you :) :)

banners
Back