The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Directory features?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I am sorry if a similiar thread has been made, but I'm curious and I manage a web directory myself, and would do about anything to make my users satisfied.

This is a simple thread, and I expect some views with arguments, please state why you think so and so on. What do you look into a web directory? I mean what features do you think should be supported?

Please don't think as a webmaster, please also bring up some thoughts as a regular net user.

I think some points that should be available on a web directory is the follows;

- Rate
- View Detailed Information
- Refer
- Review (Comments..)
- Top Hits/Rated
- Report broken link (OPTIONAL)

I also have news on my frontpage over at Web Catalogue, RSS feeds by Yahoo. I do believe this is a good feature for the users, even though some users don't prefer it.

Meti

Id say web directorys only attract a certain type of web user, personally if i wasn't a webmaster i wouldn't use directory's at all.

Something like temi haabaa directory i can see that attracting people because its more than just a directory ,where my directory's are just directory's and nothing else.

It the same with every thing on the net offer something unique and attractive and you'll get the traffic to match with some hard work

If I understood your post correctly, you would more likely use Haabaa? I believe it is like Google's frontpage vs Yahoo's one.

I get your point, Haabaa is a fine example of a very well established web directory offering a vast-range of features. It attracts users in all ages, as well.

Meti

MI
Back