The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

DKs experiment - Do search engines index flash files

temi

affiliate
In this experiment DKs set out to see if search engines index objects embedded in flash file. I am not 100% sure I follow this experiment design but I am just doing what he asks me to do.

Two html files has been uploaded to our experiments folder, they are page 3 and Page 4

I guess some of you read my post about links in flash. This is a chapter where very few have had something so say, you can find very few informations from this domain, and those you can find are already old. My opinion is that we need a new test, that is why, with the help of Temi I have decided to write how this experiment can be ran :

For few more details you can also read my article about importance of flash links, but I will also list the main factors here :

1. we create two new pages ( please read Temi's post above to see the pages )
2. after the pages are indexed we check their positions and why those pages are on those positions.
3. we add a flash button that links for the page listed second
4. check for results.

If you have any things you would like to add please let me know.

Thank you,
Dks.

=====

as an update : I have added links for the test pages from this blog post also, so lets hope for a fast result.

In order to continue the experiment, it seems that our pages are now indexed testacatstring - Google Search

Page3 is listed before page4 ( I actually think its because when I calculated the density of keywords I did not consider single letters, and page3 has in this way less characters ).

Anyway, we can go on further with the experiment, I will try to create a flash button with link for page4 ( because its listed behind page3) and if these flash links pass trust, page4 will be placed higher.

I see only one page from your blog and two pages from this forum on google results. Yahoo only have your blog article...

see attached image, what I see in Google

Attachments

• see.jpg
    see.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10
Sorry my bad... I see same pages but because there is "forums.ukwebmasterworld.com" in the beginning of URL I did not pay attention to the rest...

I thought pages were somewhere on Mihai's server...

The pages are indexed and everything is allright. The thing is that when I wrote my article I added that keyword, but still you can ignore the first results and consider the rest two pages. As soon as I can upload ( I am having problems with my ISP ) I will go further with the experiment.

Well, I have added a flash link for page4 ( listed behing page3 in google result page ) and if the link matters, the curent situation should change.

I have added the flash link here.

Lets see the results.

http://www.jmihai.ro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/test_page.jpg

Well, the results are still not available. Actually the test is down, the results, I think, are now influenced by other factors and also add the fact that our test pages are not showing up in result pages any more. So, from now on, the tests will be run without disclosing all the details in order to really have accurate results.

I will post again as soon as I have the details set up again.

Thank you,
Dks.

MI
Back