The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Do .ws, .name, .us rank in search engines

P

positivecarry

if you have good content? Are there restrictions on .name for commercial activities?
Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

No, But if you wish to rank in the U.S. With a foreign URL, you will need links from U.S. I.P. addresses.

If you want a .com to rank in Israel(.il) you will need links from Israel I.P. Addresses.

If you want to rank in any specific country, you need links from sites from that country.

Link Popularity is the main factor, and one of the reasons IP addresses of links are recorded by search engines.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation about the foreign urls

What about the lesser extensions, excluding foreign domains, ranking well in search engines? The .info, .name, .biz,.org. Are .names a bit too odd for key word domains? If you had a client and the only domain left for their keyword was a .name would you suggest buying the .name or would you say buy a .com that has the keyword in it along with some other words and it can be made to rank well in the search engines. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the first response.

it really has little to no effect. Links account for 80% of top rankings. onpage the other 20%, and the url falls in that 20 %, so it can't account for much.

The main reason for a dot com is people assume that it is a dot com and that is what they try first if they are trying to type in a direct address.

Here is an example. Lets say you go to inkcartridgerefills.biz and you found it in google and you made a purchase. once you need to reorder, you find that you can't find the confirmation email of the order and cant remember the url.

Most will have some recolection of the name of the url and most will assume it is a dot com, they they will try the others like .info .biz ect looking for it.

Having the .com is the more probable try that an existing consumer will use, and it will put the site at risk of losing that customer and sale.

But the facts are that overall this is rare and will not account for a large portion of income unless they are selling consumables.

And having the keywords in the url do not make that big of a difference.

hope this helps.

Links are that valuable huh, thanks for the info.

I am researching links right now, and I am very new, so I should probably continue to research before I ask this, but, uh, I am going to ask anyway. One of my main competitors has what looks to me like the most generic page ever, but they have the #1 spot in google.

The site consists of a google adsense producer(no idea how they did this).
Basically , there are links on the left of the page to specific categories about the topic , and when you click on each one it produces new google adsense ads in the center of the page and nothing else on the entire page

The person also has many links to other pages. I am guessing that this might be why they rank so high. But I doubt people are linking to this website, because it really is horrible , the links to other pages are not enough of a help to justify someone linking to this site from their page.

They need backlinks to rank well, right, links that that send people to their site located on other people's sites. I don't think they have many backlinks, so I am trying to figure out what the secret is here. Is there a backlink locator? Maybe they paid for front page inclusion, can you do that?

Any thoughts appreciated.

From what you are describing, you are looking at blackhat seo, and it is a direct violation of the T.O.S.

Now, if the targeted phrases are not competitive, his internal linking may be enough to build up his PR so that he ranks.

100 pages of internal links is still 100 links, they may be low value. but until he is caught or reported he will likely stay on top.

Do a: control + 5 and see if he has hidden text. If there is hidden text, you will be able to see it. I suspect he is doing this.

If he is doing blackhat, you canbeat him easy with proper seo and onpage.

I am agree with jcorkern.
In other words, all of thing we have to do useful for what you want rank of countries.
You would like to have good rank in Israel that you have to know Hebrew and culture....etc

MI
Back