Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I submit to directories more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't submit to directories

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
Since the directory massacre of last G update, I am wondering if webmasters use directories for their link building at the same level as before or less. Please vote.

I chose the #1st option, I submit to a good amount of web directories once a week sometimes more, sometimes less but I like to keep a reasonable number of submissions per week.

Interesting thread, would love to see the results once many users have made their vote.

Meti

I still summit at the same level as well but I do not spend much money on premium directory listing like I did in the past. Premium directories tends to have high profile and they are the most likely candidate should G hit directories again.

It has to be the 1st Option,

Even since last G update massacre, Website owners will still use the directory option for gaining backlinks, as its the easiest way on the www to gain backlinks, without to much thinking or any sort of link building strategies.

But you need to be selective, G does not count backlinks from quite a few directories any more. You will notice that quite a few directories have PR in their internal pages wiped out.

I voted 1 simply because I never considered directories to be a good source for quality back links or traffic and certainly will not change my opinion now...

The directories I have submitted to, I have never counted as a "good" backlink. It's
actually been about a year since, and I never see one in my backlinks.

The directories I have submitted to, I have never counted as a "good" backlink. It's
actually been about a year since, and I never see one in my backlinks.

I assume you submitted to web directories that aren't very indexed on Google, I think you would be better off submitting to free web directories that have been long in business; or with a good amount of indexed pages on SE's.

If budget is not a issue, you are IMO much better submitting to paid web directories, I think it is well worth the investment, but as stated, it depends on who you choose, there are crappy paid directories, as well.

Meti

MI
Back