The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Does sitelink increase your traffic?

temi

affiliate
Google recently gave one of my sites sitelinks, what some SEO calls "authority" it was actually for the site/product name rather than a generic site term. Since the sitelinks was added, I have seen increase in traffic, I wonder f this is a coincidence or whether the sitelink brings additional traffic to a site.

Not for me, I only seem to get the site links for the word in the domain name or the domain name itself though

Tony

Yeah, I kind of thought about that recently and the conclusion I came to was that it was pretty much dependant on the domain name.
The other thing is, oftentimes user may search the name of the site and this in turn adds a great boost to generating sales. Especailly where directories are concerned!

Well done on the sitelinks Temi.

First of all congrats on your authority status, Temi! I've got a few sitelinks on Zyas.com recently which is just great. I have noticed an increase in traffic so your question might be valid.

Do you mind if you share with us your authority website? If it is a web directory I would be glad to list it in my Authority Directories List
Authority Directories List | Zyas Video Web Directory Blog

it depends totally on what your site is about and in which context the link is placed.

I think I agree with domainzaar, it totally depends on what your site is about. One of my sites is about golf, sitelink seem to make the different to its traffic

The other is about something else, sitelinks never seem to make any difference to its traffic.

Its not a web directory Marius, its a site about golf and the others are about software.

First of all congrats on your authority status, Temi! I've got a few sitelinks on Zyas.com recently which is just great. I have noticed an increase in traffic so your question might be valid.

Do you mind if you share with us your authority website? If it is a web directory I would be glad to list it in my Authority Directories List
Authority Directories List | Zyas Video Web Directory Blog

It does depend. I've got authoraitve site links for The Gospel According To Rhys when you search for "gospelrhys". Personally, I can't see it being successful, as

a) Not many people search for it
b) the site links aren't that useful.

I'm quite pleased though one of my site links have the word "bugger" in it :D

The funny thing is that for a search I did last week (I think it was something to do with ten pin bowling), and one of the site links was the 404 page.

Just as i started to read this i realised my Tottenham Site has got site links, they wasnt there last week, i think to get them you site has to remain at number one for quite some time.

heres the search

tottenham forum - Google Search

Although i dont like the links they are using so ive had to block some, hopefully it will generate some more soon

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back