The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

EU Domains & Regional Searches

Webpresence

affiliate
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with .eu domains in the UK/Ireland regional search engines.

I've personally never come across a .eu domain in the UK's SERP's, how does google treat these?

If we look at it logically then the UK is in the EU so they should really show up in the UK/Ireland searches, but is this really the case? I'm assuming that .co.uk version of the site would have a greater chance of ranking than a .eu.

Many thanks in advance.

Lee

Lee,
Welcome to UK WW. If you use a .eu domain name, host it in UK, add UK contents to the site and get use sites to link to it, it will certainly show up in UK SERPs.
You are not seeing that many .eu domain in UK SERPs just because .eu is not popular in UK, not many people use it as their primary domain name.

Many thanks Temi, I was hoping for this answer! Could you please confirm what you mean by 'add UK contents to the site'? I'm assuming you mean place the KW 'UK' in the page content.

Thanks again, great forum by the way, only just found it!

Lee

Lee,
As the saying goes, better later than never, pleased you found us. What I mean by UK contents is products/services targeted at UK users for example, prices in £ and not $ if you are selling stuff, + 44 phone code and not + 1 and other little stuff that will help uses and search engine know without any doubt that yes, here is a website targeted at UK users.

banners
Back