The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Google and reciprocal listings

gkd_uk

Hi

Is it true that Google does not like reciprocal listings (two way link exchange)

If yes, should directory owners stop accepting reciprocal listings?

Thanks

Recip. links are not a problem as long as they are from related sites. Otherwise they have no value.

I don't think reciprocal links are worthless. If a site only had reciprocal links going to it and no one way links. Search engines would still find it and credit those links to it. Its just that one way links give a bigger score.

I would guess General web directories should link with other General web directories as a related link.

Hi

Is it true that Google does not like reciprocal listings (two way link exchange)

If yes, should directory owners stop accepting reciprocal listings?

Thanks

I don't think so that google having any problem for recip.link.

Just my 0.2 cents. ;)

Google DO devalue reciprocal links if they are the standard 'you link to my homepage I link to yours and we link on each others link page' type crap reciprocals.

PROPER reciprocal linking is fine and carries great benefit

I cannot see this being a problem as long as the site has content.

In respect of saying as long as it is of the same theme I would disagree here. We have sites that link to each other - 2 way. A general web directory and a holiday website!

This would seem to throw out all the theories here would it not?

We have sites that link to each other - 2 way. A general web directory and a holiday website!

This would seem to throw out all the theories here would it not?

No it would not throw all the theories out. Why would the fact that you have two sites linking to each other throw out the theories? I am a little lost on that statement :(

What some people fail to realise is that if google thinks your site is not linking responsibly it might just turn off your link juice,as in NO PR will leave your site. They may not penalise you but they MIGHT turn off any Link benefit.

Linking out CAN harm your site if it is off topic because your links help to theme your site, the anchor text on your page helps theme the page. Linking out to off topic sites weakens your theming and as a result will harm your rankings. it is not a case of 'ooh I linked outoff topic, I will get punished, it is NOT a penalty we are talking about here we are talking about it harming the site.

I have heard it right from the horses mouth in one to one conversation. Google DO devalue reciprocals if they are not done properly IE as indicated previously by myself. Google DO cut off the flow or PR they admitted this with a couple of sites, the most notable being phpbb.com

With regard linking properly, too late too tired. maybe tomorrow :D

MI
Back