The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Google lead on search engine market increases

temi

affiliate
Google enjoyed one of its biggest monthly gains in U.S. Web search market share in October, building on consistent gains over the past two years, according to industry data out on Wednesday. Market research firm ComScore said Google's core Web search properties captured 58.5 percent of the U.S. market in October, up from 57.0 percent in September.
The top five providers of Web search all showed at least 5 percent growth in the number of searches in October. Yahoo was number two after Google, followed by Microsoft, InterActiveCorp's Ask.com and Time Warner's network of sites, including AOL.

source: news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6219821.html

This post just proves my point.

Who ever says that Google traffic doesn't matter - must be out of their mind or need to share some of that heavy stuff they are taking. :drunk:

Some people claiming that they get much more traffic from Yahoo and MSN than from Google. The reason is very simple - their sites are not ranked good in the Google search results.

You can deny it as much as you want but Google IS ruling the internet at the moment and if you rely on search engines as a main source of your traffic - top rankings on Google should be the ultimate goal.

I am talking from the personal experience. One of my sites is on the first page of Google search results for main targeted terms and also #1 on Yahoo and MSN for the same terms...
I get over 20% of my TOTAL traffic from organic Google search and not even 1% from all other search engines combined...

I did a PPC compain for my clients and results are the same: Adwords (Google) was bringing major part of traffic.

Like it or not, there's no denying that Google rules the SE world... at least for now. Most people (me included) optimise for google and leave the others to sort themselves out. This would obviously change if the other engines took some serious percentage of market share.

MI
Back