The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

How do you value ?

RiverWire

affiliate
Im thinking of coming out of the directory game for the time being, ive got to much on my plate at the moment and other sites are taking up to much of my time so for the last 2 months i havent really promoted my directorys :(

My question is how can you put a value on a directory ? none are good earners but all have good protencial and have been promoted well before the last couple of months.

The sites im thinking of selling are my businessdir.eu and my bidding directory. Both need work e.g

business Directory needs a good tidy and more categorys added, if i do sell this it will only be the template files ,database, the esyndicat files will not be included.

Bid Directory, will require the spam patch installed as its just started getting spam submissions, which i have cleaned up, also some template work is required to make the site look a little better.

So how do i value it ? if its too small then ill keep them running but if you think it might get a half decent price i might try and sell.

There is no hard and fast rule at to directory value this day, what makes it worst is that more people are selling than buying directories this days.
I think it also depends on you, if you DEFINATELY want to get rid of them, you need to price them reasonably or even consider action with a reserve price so that you will not get silly bids but the reserve price must be reasonable. I think that is the best way to sell them.

There is no hard and fast rule at to directory value this day, what makes it worst is that more people are selling than buying directories this days.
I think it also depends on you, if you DEFINATELY want to get rid of them, you need to price them reasonably or even consider action with a reserve price so that you will not get silly bids but the reserve price must be reasonable. I think that is the best way to sell them.

Couldn't agree any more,

I don't think it is a great time to sell your web directories at this stage, with the hassle and confusion regarding Google & web directories I would prefer to avoid any sales.

Stick for a while and you'll definitely have a more successful sale.

- Meti

I have few directories and actually getting dissent number of submissions lately...

I would probably suggest to make them paid (if you haven't done it yet) and hold on.

When you have a chance add few links here and there. Who knows, may be few month down the road when you have some extra time for directories they will be bringing not large but steady income...

I have also 2 bidding directories and getting good enough submissions now a days. There is little drop in submissions lately but still concentrate on their promotions. Hope for the best.

DON.

You really summed up everything there. I am concentrating more on building backlinks for my directories. Had a thought some days back of actually quitting some days back, But just came over it now.

what makes it worst is that more people are selling than buying directories this days.

If these directories were worth anything, many wouldn't be selling. A lot of directories are set up on dropped domain names like: woogahumtamuph123/.net.org.uk etc. That alone is very off-putting from a search point of view. It too difficult to type into an address bar or a search engine, thus it fails as a business, and that's why they are sold off.

Put it another way, if I was earning major cash from a general directory, there's no way I'd sell it - no way on earth. These directories are worthless and failed - that's why you never ever copy anybody's idea. End up copying a faild idea.

As the Meerkat says: Simples!

I quite agree with you, most directories are worthless, there are very few gems in the directory market.

MI
Back