The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

How Long Term SEO Has Its Own Rewards

J

John Jupp

This thread isn't about SEO and how to do it. Instead I just want to re-iterate what others have said in the past. Search Engine Optimization is absolutely vital for a website, considering there are so many millions of sites in internet land.

Unless you have money to burn in pay per click, natural organic search is essential and SEO can be a real art form but can also be very easy to master the basics.

Now why does good SEO have it's own rewards?

Well a certain niche site of mine (movies of a particular genre) has been number one in Google for the last 3 years on every Google engine and attracts a healthy number of visitors every day.

It is so attractive in the SERPS that it has attracted the attention of companies which distribute movies to merchants and now I get free PRE-RELEASES usually about a week before they get released, so I can write a review and suitably link to an affiliate program where the product is available.

As I like more than one genre it means however I am going to have to open a few more niche movie sites to benefit from even more free films!

So the moral of this story? If you build and SEO it then the distributors hungry for good press will come and they will bring you nice free gifts to review in exchange for a little advertising copy (which you can monetize anyhow).

Great post. Just a quick note to add that SEO does not reflect in your site's SERP position immediately. It takes some time. Also SEO is an ongoing process especially for the more competitive niches

But you are absolutely right. One of my sites gets about 1000 uniques per day from the search engines. Now to some that may not seem like much but if you think about how much i would have to spend on PPC to get the same number of visitors, well it speaks for itself

banners
Back