The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How Often Do YOu Check Your SERPs?

espmartin

affiliate
I know that my site's SERPs are important to the success of their marketing.
(And I can hear Skinner saying, "Duh Martin!" :) ), and so I run daily
checks on them to see how they are performing for their specific keywords.
And since this is a daily task for me (ok I admit...hourly :( ), I was
wondering if you all also check your anyalitics daily (or hourly)?
  • How many times do you use either web based tools, or installed software
  • on your PC/MAC/*nix to check your SERPs (and PR if you care for it)?
  • What do you use to check for them?

I don't know Martin what exactly you expected to hear from me :confused: but I do consider serp's to be very important. High position for targeted terms = traffic = money.

I do check my positions on search engines for the main terms few times a week and also do very detailed analysis of traffic statistics: where people came from and which search terms brought them to me...

Just wanted to include you, skinner, in the fact that my first statement is something
most everyone knows. Like saying, "I'll be dead when I die" :)

So is there a time when you check more frequently, like during a heavy marketing season?

I check serps everyday pritty much for all my sites, plus all traffic stats and revenue it's like an addiction :wallbash: first thing i look at when i get the computer on, very sad i know lol

I'll get a screenshot of my Firefox, as I have a bit over 20 tabs that open up to check
my dailys :no: !

A tab for Google AdSense, one for Bitvertizer, Linkxl, payforpost, etc...

I HATE SERP checking, I hate it. Personally it would be rarely, but for my clients I check monthly and pass on the report. DAILY I check traffic and referrers and conversions, in fact I am checking many PPC clients every hour for these metrics in the early days (I have live stats package for traffic and conversion etc that works fantasticly well with the ppc.

MONEY is why you are in business, NOT rankings. the best ranking in the world is fine, but it is the overall traffic and sales that matter. :)

SERP checking is kind of like playing the slot machine. If your SERP went up this week, you are a winner. If it goes does, scramble to figure out why.

banners
Back