Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Microsoft-Yahoo 10 year search and advertising pact

D

djbaxter

It's official: Microsoft-Yahoo ink 10-year search pact; Regulator scrum begins
by Larry Dignan
July 29th, 2009

Microsoft and Yahoo made it official on Wednesday. The two companies announced a 10-year pact where Microsoft will power Yahoo search. Yahoo also becomes the sales force for Microsoft?s premium properties.

The companies said the search deal will accelerate innovation and bring more value to advertisers and Web users. Yahoo and Microsoft also get to focus on their core strengths. Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz says there will be ?boatloads of value for our users and industry.? Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says the Yahoo deal gives Bing the scale to compete.

...more

I haven't had a chance to read all the reports and maybe all has not been clearly outlined yet. But I wonder what changes will take place as far as Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC)?

Thoughts on Microsoft / Yahoo Deal?

Hey everyone,

As many of you have probably already heard, Google and Yahoo have made a deal that will have Yahoo rely on Microsoft's search engine, Bing, meaning Yahoo is essentially giving up on Search. In the deal, Microsoft has agreed to let Yahoo hang on to 88% of Ad Revenue that appears on Yahoo sites. With this deal, Bing will be given a big boost in market share, closing in on 30+%, while Google will still remain around 65%.

As this is big news for search, I'm curious as to how 5 Star members feel this is going to effect the search space?

One research tool that's going away will be Yahoo's "link:www.domain.com". I swear by this tool when researching and tracking my websites.

Are there free and reliable alternatives?

One research tool that's going away will be Yahoo's "link:www.domain.com". I swear by this tool when researching and tracking my websites.

Why do you think it's going away? I'm not certain yet how Yahoo and Microsoft are going to implement the new combined search.

But if it does disappear, you should be able to determine backlinks at Webmaster Center - Bing - click on the Backlinks tab.

MI
Back