Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Optimizing your incoming links

D

djbaxter

Three easy steps to optimize your existing links
Axandra News
28 April 2009

The keywords in the links to a website have been so important for Google that people managed to get websites to the top of Google's search results for very obscure keywords. For example, some people started a scheme in which they asked their friends to link to the official website of George W. Bush with the keyword "miserable failure".

The result was that George W. Bush's website was #1 on Google for that keyword. In the meantime, Google has learned to deal with these so-called Google bombs and it's not as easy to manipulate the results with the links as it has been.

When you try to get links from other websites, you should make sure that they help you to increase your rankings for your keywords. That means that you must make sure that the links to your website contain your keywords... At the same time, you must make sure that the links to your site don't look like a Google bomb.

...more

The "miserable failure" thing, Google did not change it, the white house did. Here is the old file extention of the page where G.W.'s page was that ranked for miserable failure whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

His new page is/was whitehouse.gov/president/

Cant believe everything you read.

The "miserable failure" thing, Google did not change it, the white house did. Here is the old file extention of the page where G.W.'s page was that ranked for miserable failure whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

His new page is/was whitehouse.gov/president/

Cant believe everything you read.

Well, not exactly. And it wasn't only George Bush - there were other Google bombs "defused" and there were some ranking algorithms added and modified. This is part of why having the same anchor text for all your incoming links doesn't work very well any more.

See matt cutts on google bombing - Google Search

What they tell you and reality is always different. I will bet 6 digits on it. I am that sure.

click here - Google Search

Adobe is still the best ranking google bomb around. Take a look at the source on the adobe pages. By the way, I started another project, and will show you the results of another google bomb in about 30 days to prove the point.

Hate to do this, but I can prove what you are posting as inaccurate 10 times in a row again and again and again.

water damage atlanta - Google Search

the number 2 site, check the cache

Water Damage Restoration

"These search terms are highlighted: water damage These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: atlanta "

Again, do not believe everything you read! Guess this google bomb dosent exist either.

You can post from Matt Cutts or President Obama himself, but I will never post anything I do not know to be fact from thousands (millions) of results and hundreds of test that I have performed myself.

I am so tired of the so called seo experts that keep believing lies without testing.

This is my last post in forums. Please cancel my account here.

jcorkern said:
I will never post anything I do not know to be fact from thousands (millions) of results and hundreds of test that I have performed myself.

It must be difficult for you to find time to sleep... :)

Where do you see anyone claiming that all Google bombs were eliminated? The point is that Google did take steps to try to minimize Google bombs (see above) and part of this was looking at the anchor text of incoming links. Do those algorithm changes work perfectly? No, as evidenced by a recent Obama Google-bomb attempt that required some manual intervention and some more tweaking.

But your claim that the only reason "miserable failure" was stopped was that the Whitehouse changed the name of the web page is just plain silly. Obviously, Google took the problem seriously and they made some algorithm changes to try to combat the problem.

Not plain silly, just plain fact. I am the one who put it there. I am working on a new one right now and I will show you that you have no clue as to what is fact and what is reality!

I also have a full seo team, so, I do get sleep. I do not run a half hearted system for a hobby.

Google is far from artificial intellegence

Not plain sill, just plain fact. I am the one who put it there. I am working on a new one right now and I will show you that you have no clue as to what is fact and what is reality!

Are you even reading what I post? Are you even reading what YOU post?

Where do you see anyone claiming that all Google bombs were eliminated? The point is that Google did take steps to try to minimize Google bombs (see above) and part of this was looking at the anchor text of incoming links. Do those algorithm changes work perfectly? No, as evidenced by a recent Obama Google-bomb attempt that required some manual intervention and some more tweaking.

But your claim that the only reason "miserable failure" was stopped was that the Whitehouse changed the name of the web page is just plain silly. Obviously, Google took the problem seriously and they made some algorithm changes to try to combat the problem.

You are the one who put WHAT where? So you create a Google bomb. And that proves what exactly? What I just finished saying? There was also a recent shortlived Obama bomb. What did that prove? And google squashed it. What did that prove?

MI
Back