The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Case Study Profitable Case with 50%+ ROI: Testing Kadam, OfferGate, and Kaminari

OGnet

Top Affiliate Network
Affiliate Manager
OfferGate

Hello everyone, OfferGate here! We've launched the "$500 for a Case" campaign and are sharing our users' experiences on our blog. Below, you'll read a first-person story.

How It All Began

As someone actively earning from traffic arbitrage, I'm always on the lookout for new tools that can improve my results. Recently, I decided to conduct research to find new ad networks, CPA networks, and other tools for arbitrage. As a result, I decided to test a combination of three tools.

Almost every arbitrager faces the problem of low conversion rates and high advertising costs, which negatively impact profitability. Therefore, I set out to find a solution that would allow me to attract higher-quality traffic, monetize it effectively, and minimize fraud risks. Here’s what I discovered.

CPA Network — OfferGate

I thoroughly analyzed various CPA networks, compared offers, rates, and conditions, and chose OfferGate for this test. They've been in the market for 6 years, have plenty of offers, and I found no bad reviews about their payouts.

In their catalog, I selected VotTak from the mobile applications vertical. It turned out to be a good offer with decent rates. I also liked that it had two payment models: for installs and for video views in the app. This allowed me to choose the most suitable model depending on the traffic.

AD_4nXfAzt9V5SgpIH13-SWWVBrkdvrB7JcfG-BhrPvaUF4dkvXAy2BSSjItrkHYEx7HrltPsmm4RdTiIfj7tWMsitJFmzDj_Wkpt6zzkqMfyDTgka1P9onuSvxCBT24PN9yP7AqRWTrKzcrvGZ8q5_VeqBHMA

Ad Network — Kadam

After researching a plethora of ad networks, I chose the well-known and highly-rated Kadam network. I decided not to limit myself to a specific geo and launched an ad campaign worldwide to assess the potential. I chose the popunder ad format, as it's cheaper than in-app push.

After the first days of running the campaign and analyzing the statistics, clear winners emerged: IQ, NL, TR, AE, IR, and a few other geos. IQ particularly caught my interest as it provided the highest traffic volume and was relatively easy to optimize.

AD_4nXf100vV_9gXVvuYWhksds4I5zD8_UePKe83Qw9MRyy-sqo_wbSipgHzmratBTw2DPZjFbvMN0TXY6vdUiBwTomAoRMhqQ2lgPGvn6r4U_o2Noh7eTuNkbqCipJ-X6le6Mi7bYt-aXKe8yz1zSaeWTOaVA

I immediately disabled platforms that were running at a clear loss (with an ROI below -20%). Platforms with slight losses of -10-20% ROI I decided to keep for now, thinking they might balance out later when we start experimenting with pre-landers.

AD_4nXeBCeoug1BMxXChNvc4mPItlTZoCPXKTX2U-ZlV_zJcj8-eb84StcwbCGT-hJr3Cv2W4qn-JDvABS9iS3SWH8cXk9j9NSABO9ayK0GKB3xT4HZm3x2lZ2vJoQbn2vh516ke_Gt4jr3iMvi3uVY7kQ5BB5c

I performed the same actions for other geos.

At some point, it became inconvenient to optimize everything in one stream, so I decided to separate the selected platforms into a distinct path. Thus, the path named Only VT was created. The screenshot shows where the general flow is and where the selected platforms are.

AD_4nXc4ioUxwaZ5GEHTNDALemY-QQ_k1Xpjb1fd4HBjsrcFD2S-GG8lnaczU9MvvQCgoYIHDkZ5qIx0El4KCvpDi2c6DbTTtfKqp74n9ipNc6Cjf2zZ_ZiMaBMWcg17yrU8LrUlOfWhxzweLLNg_nmVncx-ug

The screenshot also shows how the ROI fluctuates on different days, but the main thing is that we are in the black. This is important to consider when evaluating results, as you might disable a perfectly good platform in the heat of the moment. My personal recommendation is to evaluate based on larger data sets. We will increase ROI through pre-landers and further platform refinement.

AD_4nXefGAKlx7TJ6L4g4O-5ZByL02--7PMwXqicFMn2mIYDJEAxA3HkDvV6fxFsn6XJhR4fzUFNGG6jFwl2fr8aXxUsOkzoQd9ciokpIqvdATVQHQIdcbfZQvg7AOc0p3Zu94i11QA_7oTwVk04RTh5exyi8_U

Next, I tested landing pages. At the time of writing, some pre-landers were still being tested, but there were a few clear leaders with 50%+ ROI compared to the initial pre-lander with 4% ROI.

AD_4nXd7RjEs25_wrAx6-lKobwGeNV7aOt-nmbVrUw1kJfpgQn0zpTBhHCyYFPuOKyLSzKCV2m2Ui_jNHJsBe6EiNuBxetdeM5DCfpWmsSjLZOXqIGZIfzw0VUy1XklsKU3BtE_1hw4WuNj-DO-q79TxcJG2qQ

As a result, I expect further growth in ROI on positive platforms and a turnaround for platforms with negative ROI within reasonable limits.

Fraud Protection — Kaminari

Despite all the efforts of ad networks to combat fraud, I still encountered this issue in my campaigns. The problem lies not with the ad networks but with the platforms within them. Low-quality traffic sources affect the networks as much as they affect us. Here, I decided to use the demo of Kaminari, which provided protection and saved me budget on traffic acquisition. Using anti-fraud products is often overlooked by newbies but is crucial for success.

As for the fraud rate, it varies by platform, and rates up to 20% are normal. The screenshot shows that our rate does not exceed 20%. Kaminari also has a block for suspicious users that the system may consider fraudulent, depending on internal settings. For example, users with various proxies, anti-detect browsers, AdBlock, and other settings that can negatively impact traffic evaluation.

AD_4nXe_8Z-YgzkK3CTrcm7uWd4j2FCr6C20uCks36glgUOpD7agZ37GqLdv4T-oIyH41ofAdjbxRZm96bovCBcGrKRa26kLiyqoJlSFbpNfqJ-Az4zxxX_g2H4y9ZRfH2CXaIb0HOp8RoixfzTU_IWtIFOGt_E

Another plus of anti-fraud systems is that they can be used to start optimization. I run 50-100 clicks on each publisher and decide what to do with them. This way, I don't spend large budgets on tests. You can do it in parallel or afterward.

What's Next?

I already have a pool of positive platforms, which I am boosting to 50%+ ROI through optimization. I need to continue working with them.

The general flow continues to trickle in, bringing new positive platforms. I go to the affiliate network, check the quality of my traffic, and request a bump. This adds another 10-20% ROI if the quality is good. If not, I dive into Kaminari and start digging into the statistics. There are many parameters, and one of them might reveal low-quality traffic.

Now it's time to increase traffic volume. I go to the source, expand the campaign budgets, raise bids by the same 10-20%, and get profit.

Conclusion

My experience shows that choosing the right tools can significantly improve traffic sales results. It also allows finding super cheap traffic and offers with low payouts and simple flows like CPI. Testing new CPA networks, ad platforms, and anti-fraud tools helped me find a profitable combination. These changes demonstrate the importance of a meticulous approach to selecting tools for successful advertising campaigns and revenue growth.

MI
Back