The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question re Search Box

TeamPlayer

affiliate
I`d always assumed that the Google searchbox on someone`s site would direct to Google`s own page when a keyword was entered. It was only when I was looking around a site that I saw that when I entered a word to be searched on the web the list of URLs was displayed on one of that site`s pages.

Is that how it`s normally done? If so I think it`s a great idea since it tends to keep the user on the site that little bit longer.

I have to admit that I normally use the toolbar at the top of my browser to do any searches, so using the searchbox on a site itself is new to me.

It's always been like that as far as I'm aware. At the bottom of the search box it usually has two radio boxed to click.

One for searching the site and another for the web.

KP

Teamplayer,

I believe you have two options. This can either go through to Google or you can create a page on your site with the same layout as your site - just leave the normal area you would add content on your site for the 2nd part of Google's code to show the search results there.

On the search code/form - there would be an area where you direct (url) the search results to open.

This can even be on another of your websites or sub domain etc.

MI
Back