The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Ranking drop after Google's August 2024 update : your thoughts ?

antho745

affiliate
Hi everyone,

Since Google's last update in August 2024, I've noticed a significant drop in the rankings of a website that was generating traffic, even though I haven't used any black hat techniques on it. I'm curious to know if any of you have also seen major changes.

In your opinion, what factors have been most affected? Is it primarily related to content quality, backlinks, or maybe something else?

If you have any insights on this and adaptation strategies...

Thanks!

This your first SEO rodeo?
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Every update changes the game --good or bad.

Only authority brands (usually) maintain their rankings with Google Search Algorithm Updates however positions will vary.

terrorist-seo.jpg

Since Google's last update in August 2024, I've noticed a significant drop in the rankings of a website that was generating traffic, even though I haven't used any black hat techniques on it. I'm curious to know if any of you have also seen major changes.

In your opinion, what factors have been most affected? Is it primarily related to content quality, backlinks, or maybe something else?
I’ve seen others mention a drop in rankings since the August 2024 update, and it seems like Google has placed an even greater emphasis on content quality and user experience. There’s been a lot of talk about E-E-A-T (experience, expertise, authoritativeness, trustworthiness), so if your content isn't meeting those standards, that might be part of the issue. Also, backlinks are still important, but Google has been refining how it measures their quality and relevance.

One thing to check is your core web vitals - if page load times or mobile-friendliness have been affected, it could hurt rankings too. I'd suggest auditing your content to make sure it’s updated, highly relevant, and engaging for your users.

try refreshing your internal linking structure or focusing on long-tail keywords post-update.

MI
Back