The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Rare ice age mammoth, bison fossils found in California

AF-Roger

mammoth1-640x340.jpg

Workers at a construction site in Carlsbad, California, found Ice Age fossils of mammoth and bison dating back up to 200.000 years ago. The site where the fossils were found is a new home development site. The development plans have been slightly modified since the discovery of ice age fossils at the construction site off State Route 78 with the work temporarily stopped to allow scientists to begin their excavation. The company is working closely with the palaeontologists while grading, and will continue for another couple of months.

This is not the first time when fossils are found at a construction site. Since 2011, when work on a project began, crews have found nine whale skulls, to be exact. paleontologist Jim Walker and construction crews building a new 220-foot-high dam at Calaveras Reservoir in the remote canyons east of Milpitas had dug up a prehistoric treasure trove. They have inventoried 529 types of fossils altogether. Of those, 168 are vertebrates, such as sharks; 267 are invertebrates, such as scallops — some as big as dinner plates. Thirty-nine 39 are plants, such as fossilized pine cones; and 55 are other ancient items, from animal tracks to burrows.

Read more Rare mammoth, bison fossils found at California

Interesting:) I am wondering about the reaction of those whom homes are going to be built there. I mean, we all are living with having fossils and dinosaurs and similar kind of things underneath but we don't care as we haven't seen anything like this. But after witnessing all that stuff I think its gonna be a difficult thing to digest.... you may feel otherwise but for me, its really horrible after looking at these skeletons. In fact, I don't think that the authorities are going to allow further construction work there at least for a decade now:p

MI
Back