The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Resolutions

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I just wondered, when you order custom templates do you order them for a fixed size or is it a fluid size? If it's a fixed size which is the most common size around?

I personally order fixed size at 1024 as it seems to be the most common resolution along webmasters/net users.

Regards,
Meti

When I develop custom templates for my sites or for customers I usually prefer to stay with the fixed width within 1000px.

First of all you have better control how how layout will be displayed with the fixed width, while fluid layout can move some elements out of intended place.
The 1000px number is based on popular screen size 1280x1024 but you have to keep in mind that many people are using sidebars for bookmarks and other stuff so they loose 250-300 px...

Even if someone has wide screen of 1600px or more - it's almost impossible to concentrate on whole page and some of the content will be left unnoticed.

So this is my general recommendation: fixed width up to 980px...

I agree fluid resolutions can be very unpredictable, you cannot be sure how the designs turn out. I see, well you probably know these stuff better than me however when I order my designs I usually ask the designer to make them for 1024 resolutions.

Regards,
Meti

I sort of prefer fluid resolution. Fixed font looks quite funny in different computer screen but looks okay if its fuide (auto resize) to fit screen its being viewed on.

I sort of prefer fluid resolution. Fixed font looks quite funny in different computer screen but looks okay if its fuide (auto resize) to fit screen its being viewed on.

I somehow agree with you, but still I believe fluid designs are very unpredictable, you can never be really sure how a template will look when it's completely done, one of the reasons I still choose to have a fixed size.

- Meti

banners
Back