The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What are my first steps in promoting my adult chatroulette site?

jamelio

affiliate
Hey there,
I've been working on the idea of creating a chatroulette-like site (there are myriads of these already these days available), which has its own pros that some others don't have as I hope.

I developed it myself as I am a web-developer and have quite a deep knowledge of how things work technically. However, being ready to start promoting it I have zillions of options to start with: banners, blogs, social media. When I get to some of the existing sites similar to mine, and click "Start" chat, visitors start rolling, but how can I achieve a similar result for mine?

I have some budget (my personal savings) I am fine to spend to make it more alive, and see if the idea has any potential to keep working on it.

So, my question is in the subject line - how should I focus on promoting my site in the most efficient way? I am absolutely ok with experimenting and trying out new stuff, but don't want just to spend thousands of bucks on bots that will click the banner and show no real users in the end.

Please advise.
Thanks!

chatroulette-like site (there are myriads of these already these days available),
True, so why YOUR site?

When I get to some of the existing sites similar to mine, and click "Start" chat, visitors start rolling, but how can I achieve a similar result for mine?
That is for the reason people want to be there and are participating.
One of the most difficult things to do is get participation in chat type sites --so what is your best market segment and why should anyone use it? Start with a story to tell and a promise --or reward of some type...

but don't want just to spend thousands of bucks on bots that will click the banner and show no real users in the end.
Last week I was thinking about testing Recaptcha script to scrub traffic and report the win:lose ratio or, bot: or not. If you buy RTB or DSP ad network traffic you will get some to a lot of junk. Anywhere from 10% to 70% of pop or push traffic is going to be useless. Generally, discovery of both network and site qualities is at your expense risk. I look at what is costs to get an active session on G4. Active sessions have varied for my sources from 20% to 50%; with the network traffic that I have already sorted --was my finding.

A). Pay some social media influences (maybe) to get the ball rolling. But again, Why and where and the WIITFM (What's In It For Me) messaging needs to be there.
-- Populate the chat with some users before you even start any advertising campaigns.

B.) Start empty and slowly start your advertising,
--sort and clean the traffic up
--track the users in the chat to develop metrics to analyze the process, length of use --in relation to the global user metrics sex, GEO, etc ...

What are you using? WebRTC? Are there user connection issues? Performance will be very important.

Hey @Graybeard , thanks for the detailed response! Yes, I use WebRTC. I would not say there are significant performance issues, however I agree, it can be a bottleneck. On the other hand, I would like to save resources and privacy by not pushing audio/video streams through servers.

On the other hand, I would like to save resources and privacy by not pushing audio/video streams through servers.

There are also many legal issues, particularly: Preventing the use of your *adult platform* by minors and for "other unlawful purposes." No mia culpa doesn't work very well. Consult with an attorney in your personal and business jurisdiction before you get started.

Once that is done, you need to come of with a strategy for monetization.
  • A free site with ad revenue seems the easiest.
  • Once you start handling any money transaction between users for your profit you have a very restricted legal environment.

The only thing coming to mind right now is to try using targeted advertising on social media, SEO to improve visibility in search engines, and collaborating with bloggers or influencers.

banners
Back