The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What's That Mean?

espmartin

affiliate
Here are a few search engine optimization terms that are commonly used
in everyday SEO talk:
  • KEI - Keyword Effectiveness Index. This is used to determin the value, or "effectiveness" of the keywords/keyphrases you plan on targeting. A high KEI (over 100) will be considered "very good", while a score of 700 is "Da Bomb!" Most times, if your keyword has a low KEI (.75 for example) then just be prepared to face tons of competition and put out $$$ for optimization.
  • Link Bait - (or link baiting). This is when you create a very compelling link text that will "bait" others to link to it. You can use emotionally charged verbage for this technique, which is very popular. An example of an agressive styled link bait would be, "Google Cheats Webmasters Out Of Millions" (and it's true ). You can also use positive spins, such as, "Win $1000 In SEO Contest!"
  • Your Term Here:
Now it's UKWebmasterWord members turn to add their SEO terms...

Here are two AdWords related SEM terms I come across today:

• Search targeting - Used to describe AdWords placed on Google search network.
  • Contextual targeting - Used to describe AdWords in Google content network.
  • Search network - This refers to Google search engines and search engines Google places AdWords on such as uk.ask.com
  • Contents network - This is used to describe contents sites such as Gmail and other sites that are primarily content based.

We should start a great thread about the differences between SEO and SEM.
Much of the time, Optimization and Marketing go hand in hand, but there are
differences.

you can start by defining then... here is my understanding of the two terms:
SEM - search Engine Marketing, it includes all aspects of search engine marketing including optimising a site, link building, using PPC to generate traffic and other aspects of online marketing geared towards getting traffic delivered by search engines
SEO - Search Engine Optimisation, this describes optimisting a web page or website for optimum traffic, this includes both on page and off page factor. This does not include using PPC.

Have i added something that should not be there or left out what should be?

MI
Back