Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Don't Be Afraid to Ask for Links

D

djbaxter

A Marketer's Plea: Don't Be Afraid to Ask for Links
By Cory Collins, Search Engine Watch
May 25, 2015

As SEOs - optimization is quite literally in our title - and marketers, we should recognize the value of links and the fact that we're allowed to promote ourselves. We're allowed to market why we're valuable, with an eye toward links. If links are an important piece of online success, then we should be strategically pursuing links.

We don't have to be blind to the value of links online.

It's time to ditch the message that we're not allowed to ask for links. And for the love of Pete, let's quit with the "links come for free". We're marketers; let every other department tell us that our hard work, which results in attention, awareness, and recognition happened "naturally." We don't need to start putting ourselves down as well.

The messages that links, an important factor to online success, "shouldn't be asked for" or "come for free" are particularly insidious messages for a variety of reasons: they play on the fears of the inexperienced, create unrealistic expectations, and serve a top-down economy, which means the rich get richer. Let's level the playing field.

Read more...

Even though Google is trying to tell webmasters to make sure that they post great contents on their site and somehow these contents will magically generate links, that's not the case at all, especially if you find yourself in a highly competitive niche. Unfortunately, lot of webmasters are caught up into this type of mindset. They do everything that Google has told them to do, but still struggling to gain traction.

Well, great content is of great importance, but you have to have a link building strategy centered upon how you'll generate links to these contents, so that they can get where you'd like them to get.

Creative and engaging posts tend to go viral quickly if posted in the correct places.

Sites I have worked on in the past have been much easier to SEO than now days when I finally decided to branch out on my own.

Consistency and creativity has always been key to our campaigns in the past. Some of my sites have gone to #1 in Google for their keywords relatively quickly based on just one quality link on the correct page. It's just down to monitoring everything closely and engaging with others.

Suppliers and people you supply to, whether physical product or text just ask if they will link you. That link may make all the difference to your campaign.

MI
Back