The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

HAPPY LABOUR DAY!

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Happy Labour / Labor Day Weekend, everyone who celebrates it.

It's a bit of a sad holiday for me, the last vestige of summer and hot, sunny weather. The harbinger of cold, snowy winter. The increase of school bus traffic on the streets.

But it's great to have a long weekend!

Personally, I have a friend coming to visit, having an outdoor movie night at my daughter's then babysitting an elderly chihuahua with dementia on Monday. And doing laundry. Let the good times roll and don't let anybody tell you I don't have an exciting life. I will enjoy all those activities. :rofl

Excited Jonah Hill GIF by MOODMAN
Lets Go Dance GIF
Grilling Labor Day GIF

Happy Labour / Labor Day Weekend, everyone who celebrates it.

Thanks azgold! For us it is Labor Day and for you it is Labour Day! :rofl

Last night we had an awesome pair of fresh caught Cod filets cooked on the grill and then placed atop a wonderful shrimp and crabmeat stuffing and drizzled over them was an onion cloute bechamel. On the side we had roasted asparagus with grated eggs. Topped it all off with some Dark Horse Pinot Grigio.

We're grilling everything Friday through Monday. Tonight we're having grilled veal chops with grilled brussel sprouts with wild rice and a wonderful pepper and onion smother.

I LOVE A GREAT GRILLING LONG WEEKEND!

It's a bit of a sad holiday for me, the last vestige of summer and hot, sunny weather. The harbinger of cold, snowy winter. The increase of school bus traffic on the streets.

Turn that frown upside down girl! I think the cold waves are a bit further out. Last year was barely a winter at all.

Keep your sandals and shorts on as long as you can Canada Girl!

Personally, I have a friend coming to visit, having an outdoor movie night at my daughter's then babysitting an elderly chihuahua with dementia on Monday. And doing laundry. Let the good times roll and don't let anybody tell you I don't have an exciting life. I will enjoy all those activities. :rofl

Always look for the sunny side of activities.

I love outdoor movies. Our neighbor does that all through the summer. It's pretty cool and the projectors, screens, and speakers are pretty cheap now too. I looked a some last week. Projectors, good ones, for under $100, screens for under $100 (some free), and blue tooth speakers for around the same price. Really, I saw some totals for less than $250. Pretty cool watching a movie outside on a nice night!

HAPPY CANADIAN LABOUR DAY AZGOLD!

Last night we had an awesome pair of fresh caught Cod filets cooked on the grill and then placed atop a wonderful shrimp and crabmeat stuffing and drizzled over them was an onion cloute bechamel. On the side we had roasted asparagus with grated eggs. Topped it all off with some Dark Horse Pinot Grigio.
Awww, man! I get hungry just reading that because I just know it's mouthwateringly fantastic.

onion cloute bechamel.
I don't have any idea what that is (aside from the onion) but if you made it, it must be good.

Tonight we're having grilled veal chops with grilled brussel sprouts with wild rice and a wonderful pepper and onion smother.
Aww, c'mon! I heated up some leftover shepherd's pie because I didn't want kraft dinner.

Funny story about that.....I thought I was putting Bisto in when making the shepherd's pie.....turned out it was hot chocolate powder. It was in a baggie that my daughter gave me, I made an erroneous assumption. My error was evident when I was hit with the sweet, chocolate-y aroma when I foolishly dumped it into the meat mixture without checking it first. Chocolate, ground beef and onions DO NOT go well together. That's a little cooking tip for you. There's a reason my son-in-law doesn't like me to cook for him. :rofl

Last year was barely a winter at all.
That's very true! You've brightened up my outlook, thanks!

Keep your sandals and shorts on as long as you can Canada Girl!
You know it! A lot of women are ga-ga for shoes. I hate them, my thing is sandals and I have several pairs. They are my chosen footwear until Jack Frost rips them off my feet.

I love outdoor movies. Our neighbor does that all through the summer. It's pretty cool and the projectors, screens, and speakers are pretty cheap now too. I looked a some last week. Projectors, good ones, for under $100, screens for under $100 (some free), and blue tooth speakers for around the same price. Really, I saw some totals for less than $250. Pretty cool watching a movie outside on a nice night!
Yes, my daughter got hers on sale for a good price, I don't remember anymore how much she paid.

I've heard rumblings that we'll be having a pre-show bbq, too. I expect it will be a little more casual than yours. I just hope it's not steak, I don't much care for steak. I know, that makes me some kind of freak but that's how it is.

HAPPY CANADIAN LABOUR DAY AZGOLD!
Thx!!
Today the holiday has become a 3 day weekend with a BBQ thrown in. More like you say the end of summer party :)
Yes, I agree, more like the end of summer party, last one of the summer. Long weekends usually include an adult beverage to go with the BBQ. I don't know a lot of people who drink anymore, though.

Regardless, Happy Labour Day, Graybeard!

banners
Back