The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Is my Forum SEO Friendly?

Yeah totaly agree with KP, VBSEO is a great addition my indexed pages have gone from 2000 to 5000 in around a month. Traffic has increase 2 fold and members are coming in like never before.

Imran, beside vbseo there are some trick to transform the forum more seo friendly.
You may want to:
  1. Remove the powered by vbulletin from the titla tag at the template editor,
  2. Placing the stlye into external css file which can be controlled from the backend as well,
  3. Redirect the index.php to the domain.
If you are thinking about some subtitution instead of vbseo, please promise me that you won't do it.:nono:
:thumbsup:

every one sings the praises of vBSEO I really do not believe it helps a forum SEO wise apart from having urls you can tell someone on the phone. This forum use it but compared with my other forum that I did not install vBSEO on there are not significant benefits that warrants investment in vBSEO.

Temi, to be honest i seriously regret installing vrewrite sef mod. The garage softwares suppose to be buggy many times and the development is usually stopped after a while.
If a forum owner don't have the willingness to invest money into vbseo i think the best he can do is to leave the default. Vbseo can be installed whenever the circumstances will be given.

Zoli,
I understand your regrets about sef mod, vBSEO is quite good compared with that. My argument is that vBSEO is really not necessary for search engines to index you site well.

Okay Temi, i am sure i won't be the person who could prove this now. Maybe in a couple of months i will have numaric evidences.

Zoli,
I understand your regrets about sef mod, vBSEO is quite good compared with that. My argument is that vBSEO is really not necessary for search engines to index you site well.

I'd have to agree with you there.

I've got Google to notify me by email whenever my site name is mentioned on the web.
I use WebHostingTalk quite alot which doesnt have vBSEO installed, but Google still picks up the links in my sig very often.

banners
Back