The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

What is a Good Page Speed for SEO?

That's the definition of "NUTS"! Nobody waits for that long for pages to open.
I did a few times during the dial up era.

Gave me a chance to get a snack and go the bathroom.

Dos Dial Up GIF by South Park

Ahh, DOS, how I miss thee.

Then Bell made the the UNIX system source available BSD, LINUX, and Mac and never forget the TCP/IP stack; part of the ARPANET project.

In 50+ years we are on the cusp of AI Sentience & Skynet

skynet550.jpg

A good page speed for SEO is typically under 2-3 seconds for page load time.

In order to achieve good page speed:
  • Optimize Images: Compress images and use the right formats (e.g., WebP). Tools like TinyPNG and ImageOptim can help.
  • Enable Caching: Use browser caching and server-side caching to speed up load times for repeat visitors.
  • Minify Code: Remove unnecessary characters from HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files. Tools like UglifyJS and CSSNano can assist.
  • Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN): CDNs distribute your content across multiple servers globally, reducing load times.
  • Reduce Server Response Time: Optimize your server performance or choose a reliable hosting provider.
  • Enable Compression: Use Gzip or Brotli compression to reduce the size of your files sent over the network.
  • Limit Redirects: Reduce the number of redirects as they add additional HTTP requests and can slow down your site.
  • Optimize Web Fonts: Only include the character sets you need and use font-display: swap to improve page speed.
Focus on optimizing various aspects of your site to achieve and maintain good page speed.

Oh my, I forget sometimes we were all there at the beginning! Q-DOS and MS-DOS all originating from the forefather OS's of CP/M and UNIX. Holy crap we are getting old!
Yup to all of that. I absolutely hated Windows when it was born, I much preferred DOS at the time. And how in god's name did that much time pass so fast.

In 50+ years we are on the cusp of AI Sentience & Skynet
I can remember when I was a kid and there was a rumour that one day, everybody would have a computer in their home. We all scoffed at such a stupid notion. Everybody knew computers were the size of small houses.

We've come a long way. So far, that I can't imagine how much farther there is to go beyond George Jetson's flying car and humanoids. Maybe I lack imagination.

Wow, okay. So Claude apologizes, self-corrects in an atoning manner, explains, rationalizes and thanks you. A self-aware AI.

"Let me be clear:" He sounds like a politician with those words. :D

Serious question: Do you think that Claude is learning to form opinions? I ask because of a couple of things he said.
Not sure. Claude my still just be a parrot of his corpus (learning) data.

However, we are all that --aren't we? Our human 'experience' is limited by the events in, or seen, in our lifespans.

AI is trained on millions of human events, opinions and overviews.

We are not that different --other than our human flesh and bones existence v. AI digital existence.

We are not that different

Well I have to disagree as we learn emotion, spirit, smell, taste, feel, wonder, and other aspects of living that will always set us apart from machine. When "organic" AI comes along, that may become a slightly altered list. We originate in a completely different fashion and therefore, and while not consciously, have the benefit of all that occurs to create a human beginning at the atomic and sub atomic level.

You're right in the respect that AI does not have the human senses. But just maybe --that makes AI more objective.
AI, when trained as, sees us all as just humans --not white, black, brown or yellow.
This is more intelligent and introspective than ~97% of what I read or hear spoken.

Scary maybe, coming from a *machine* but AI is not a talking toaster ;)

MI
Back