The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Seeking Help Looking for a Mentor in Affiliate Marketing

Dokszy

affiliate
I have been involved in affiliate marketing for two years. Last year, I focused primarily on learning, but this year I’ve launched several campaigns. I've invested in numerous courses and handle all the ad creation and landing pages myself, but I’m still not achieving the results I want.

I'm looking for a mentor who could help me set up a campaign, offer some valuable advice, or point out where I might be going wrong. I’d really appreciate having someone to discuss my strategy and campaign data with. Of course, I'm not asking for help for free; I'm happy to pay for your time.

If you feel you have the time and willingness to help, please get in touch. It doesn’t have to be a long-term commitment; even a single session to review what might have gone wrong with my recent campaigns would be incredibly helpful.

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix!

I'm looking for a mentor
This forum can be your mentor. We have some very seasoned and experienced marketers here who offer their help and advise freely but you will still have to do the work. You can even get help as you go through setting up and running a campaign by posting a follow-along journey. You can check out a few that others have posted to get an idea of how that works.

review what might have gone wrong with my recent campaigns would be incredibly helpful.
You can get that here, too. Start a thread and include details such as, vertical, ad type, offer source (network? program? e-comm?), etc. Someone will help you out.

Fear not, @Dokszy , you've come to the right place. :)

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
You can get that here, too. Start a thread and include details such as, vertical, ad type, offer source (network? program? e-comm?), etc. Someone will help you out.
80 questions is a no-starter.
You don't have to divulge your *trade secrets* but without a clue --what can anyone say?

Last year, I focused primarily on learning, but this year I’ve launched several campaigns. I've invested in numerous courses and handle all the ad creation and landing pages myself, but I’m still not achieving the results I want.
Your problem is what you are trying to sell and to who probably ...

I've invested in numerous courses and handle all the ad creation and landing pages myself, but I’m still not achieving the results I want.

This is a common issue. Investing in several courses and not achieving results is generally due to one of two things. Either the courses were not valid training courses (the majority of courses out there are horrible and incomplete or outdated), or you did not invest in all of the necessary tools, follow the instructions exactly, and/or did things yourself that should have been outsourced.

I'm looking for a mentor who could help me set up a campaign

You are not looking for a mentor. Mentors do not coach newbies (NEVER) and in fact only work with one "protegé" at a time.

You're looking for a coach. Mentors work with their protegé to groom their already successful education and do not take payments. Coaches work with anyone willing to pay them. You are looking for a coach. LOOK at my signature where is says "A community of minds will always prevail over a single mind." You are where you need to be to learn the business from thousands of marketers rather than from a single individual.

point out where I might be going wrong.

You are not offering any details like what verticals have you worked with and are you planning to work with, what tools have you acquired, what are the details of the campaigns you have run?

Thank you for all the questions regarding my original post! I wanted to provide more context about my campaigns.

My main offer has been credit-related, targeting the German market. The creatives performed reasonably well there, with a 2% commission rate. I ran the campaigns with a daily budget of €15, resulting in around 30 visitors per day on my tracking link and an average of 3 conversions per day. This led to a commission of €6,000 over two weeks, but unfortunately, none of it was paid out. I tried again with another campaign, where I earned a commission of €5,000, but only €300 was paid.

I also ran an auto insurance offer in the US. The CTR was around 10%, which I think is pretty good, but over three days, I had zero conversions. This offer was through a network that said my creatives were performing well, but there are likely too many similar landing pages out there. All these ads were run on Facebook.

I've also worked with search arbitrage in the finance niche. I paid close attention to KPIs and data; for the first few weeks, I was making a profit of $100–$300 per day. However, suddenly, the performance dropped, and I've been struggling ever since.

I tried running a campaign with Adcombo for a joint pain relief cream in Mexico. I had one paid conversion, but the manager advised me to use their landing page instead of creating my own until I better understand what works. The CTR started at 4%, then went from 3 to 10, then back down to 1–1 sales, of which only one was actually valid, so I stopped the campaign.

From my experience with search arbitrage, I learned that you must constantly monitor the numbers, which sometimes drives me a bit crazy because I was watching them all day.

In the affiliate courses I took, I learned the importance of research and slightly modifying high-performing ads and landing pages. I've also tried coming up with my own new creatives, which often performed better than the ones I adapted. I ran the search arbitrage ads on TikTok.

I've heard conflicting advice: some say the algorithm needs three days, while others suggest stopping after one day if there are no conversions. At this point, I feel completely lost. I've put a lot of time and money into this, and I don’t expect anyone to do the work for me, of course, but I would appreciate some guidance. I know it’s possible to run successful campaigns, but right now, I’m struggling to see how.

I forgot to add a few details in my original post. I use several tools to research and plan my campaigns. For TikTok ads, I use PipiAds, and for Facebook, I rely on the Facebook Ads Library. I do keyword research with SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner, and I also use ChatGPT for brainstorming and guidance. Additionally, I search for extra information and gather ideas on Google before launching a campaign.

On Facebook, I have run tests based on different advice I’ve come across: some suggest setting a specific audience, while others recommend leaving it broad so everyone can see it. My experiences have been mixed, with varying results.

Recently, I received an offer from Adcombo for a credit card campaign, but I’ve read so many negative reviews about it that I'm unsure if it's worth running. I also couldn't find any existing creatives to get inspiration from.

Again, I’m grateful for any advice or opinions you can share!

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

80 questions is a no-starter.
You don't have to divulge your *trade secrets* but without a clue --what can anyone say?

Your problem is what you are trying to sell and to who probably ...

Thank you for your feedback! I understand that my initial post might have seemed a bit vague, so I’ve added more details in a follow-up comment to provide more context about my campaigns, the markets I'm targeting, the offers I've tried, and the tools I'm using.

I agree that understanding what I’m selling and to whom is crucial, and that’s exactly where I’m looking for guidance. If you have any specific questions or need more information to give better advice, please let me know! I’m really eager to learn and improve.

Again, I appreciate your input—any direction or tips would be greatly valued!

This is a common issue. Investing in several courses and not achieving results is generally due to one of two things. Either the courses were not valid training courses (the majority of courses out there are horrible and incomplete or outdated), or you did not invest in all of the necessary tools, follow the instructions exactly, and/or did things yourself that should have been outsourced.

You are not looking for a mentor. Mentors do not coach newbies (NEVER) and in fact only work with one "protegé" at a time.

You're looking for a coach. Mentors work with their protegé to groom their already successful education and do not take payments. Coaches work with anyone willing to pay them. You are looking for a coach. LOOK at my signature where is says "A community of minds will always prevail over a single mind." You are where you need to be to learn the business from thousands of marketers rather than from a single individual.

You are not offering any details like what verticals have you worked with and are you planning to work with, what tools have you acquired, what are the details of the campaigns you
Thank you so much for your response. I don’t want to go into too much detail about the courses I purchased, as I don’t want to criticize anyone—I'm sure I'm not perfect either. I won't be buying more courses because I don't want to learn from someone who just makes money by selling and positioning themselves as a "guru." Instead, I want to learn from someone genuinely involved in affiliate marketing.

I would be incredibly grateful if I could find someone who would be willing to take me on as their "protégé" and work together with me, but I wouldn’t even dare to dream of such an opportunity...

I apologize for not providing more specific details earlier; I’ve written more about the campaigns I ran and where I ran them in my previous comments.

I genuinely appreciate any insights or advice, as I know a positive mindset is essential, but I am feeling very discouraged right now. Believe me, I've put a tremendous amount of work and, of course, money into this, so I'm not expecting success to come easily or overnight.

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix!

This forum can be your mentor. We have some very seasoned and experienced marketers here who offer their help and advise freely but you will still have to do the work. You can even get help as you go through setting up and running a campaign by posting a follow-along journey. You can check out a few that others have posted to get an idea of how that works.

Fear not, @Dokszy , you've come to the right place. :)
Thank you so much for your comment! I’ve shared a bit more detail below about what I’ve tried so far. Of course, I’m not looking to avoid the hard work!

Could you possibly recommend a CPA network that would be good for a beginner to join, or maybe suggest an offer? I’m interested in running ads on Facebook and was considering targeting Mexico, but I’m a bit hesitant to start a new campaign now :)

My main offer has been credit-related, targeting the German market. The creatives performed reasonably well there, with a 2% commission rate. I ran the campaigns with a daily budget of €15, resulting in around 30 visitors per day on my tracking link and an average of 3 conversions per day. This led to a commission of €6,000 over two weeks, but unfortunately, none of it was paid out. I tried again with another campaign, where I earned a commission of €5,000, but only €300 was paid.
Why were the commissions not fully paid?
Seems to be potential problems with the advertiser.

Affiliate Network Reputation: It’s important to verify the credibility of the affiliate network or advertiser BEFORE being used.

I also ran an auto insurance offer in the US. The CTR was around 10%, which I think is pretty good, but over three days, I had zero conversions. This offer was through a network that said my creatives were performing well, but there are likely too many similar landing pages out there. All these ads were run on Facebook.
A 10% CTR is a strong indicator that the ads are engaging and relevant.

However, poor conversions suggests an over-sell perhaps between the ad and the landing page --or the offer does not perform in harmony with what your landing (bridge-page) promises.

These are key tactical problems I see from what you are saying.

Why were the commissions not fully paid?
Seems to be potential problems with the advertiser.

Affiliate Network Reputation: It’s important to verify the credibility of the affiliate network or advertiser BEFORE being used.

A 10% CTR is a strong indicator that the ads are engaging and relevant.

However, poor conversions suggests an over-sell perhaps between the ad and the landing page --or the offer does not perform in harmony with what your landing (bridge-page) promises.

These are key tactical problems I see from what you are
This is a very large and famous affiliate network, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to mention the name. I spoke with my manager there, and he said he could see the data, but the conversions weren’t good, and no one returned the contract, and he couldn't say anything more due to data protection. That was all... I’m not sure if it’s true that not a single person returned it.

For my auto insurance ad, I created a video where I explained that I saved an incredible amount on my car insurance using this site and encouraged viewers to check it out. I had three landing pages: two blog-style LPs that I modified from what the CPA network provided, and one that asked, “Do you also want to save on your car insurance?” with a "Yes" or "No" option, which would then lead to the offer page. The offer was for Smart Autoinsurance, which was CPL, but no one filled it out.

With the Adcombo campaign I ran in Mexico for a joint pain cream, many people clicked through to the landing page, but again, there were few conversions, and those turned out to be trash... I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Also, with search arbitrage, I often look at what others are advertising. For example, I found an ad that had been running for a long time, so I created almost the same ad, of course, with different actors, but it brought me zero conversions. I simply don't understand. I've made some very basic ads that performed well but didn’t last long. I’ve experimented with different texts, colors, and music, and while I might see a bit of profit for a day or two, it stops soon after. Meanwhile, you see other people’s ads running for months. How do they do it?

This is a very large and famous affiliate network, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to mention the name. I spoke with my manager there, and he said he could see the data, but the conversions weren’t good, and no one returned the contract, and he couldn't say anything more due to data protection. That was all... I’m not sure if it’s true that not a single person returned it.
Why did they book the commissions --the commissions were all charged back? The whole thing sounds goofy to me --spent 15€ on ads and get a 6000€ return? Those are lottery dreams ...
ran the campaigns with a daily budget of €15, resulting in around 30 visitors per day on my tracking link and an average of 3 conversions per day. This led to a commission of €6,000 over two weeks, but unfortunately, none of it was paid out. I tried again with another campaign, where I earned a commission of €5,000, but only €300 was paid.
What results in a booked commission and what is the expected conversion ratio?

Why did they book the commissions --the commissions were all charged back? The whole thing sounds goofy to me --spent 15€ on ads and get a 6000€ return? Those are lottery dreams ...

What results in a booked commission and what is the expected conversion ratio?
This was a legitimate offer that paid 2% of the loan amount. With an average of 30 visitors per day, I got about 3 conversions daily. The commissions were listed as "pending" for three months in the system, and then they were removed, stating that the contracts were not returned. If you'd like, I can send you screenshots in a private message or share my most recent ad and the data with you.

Could I ask which tools you recommend for competitor analysis or getting a more accurate picture of the situation?

I understand now they were "pending" In lending.
You can DM that "my most recent ad and the data" confidentially if you like.
Do not bother if these loans are of the *pay day loan* variety.
  • Your competition (if you mean other affiliates) is pretty much meaningless in this situation.
  • The creditworthiness of your potential borrowers (the leads) may be the problem, assuming the lender and the network is acting in good faith.
  • What legal domicile (jurisdiction) is the lender in?
  • Where may the lender make loans?
  • Who are these loans intended for: consumers or businesses?
  • What are the loans for (purpose)?
Your funnel should include the GEO location of your Borrowers (referrals -leads) at the various points in your funnel
  1. Entry to the bridge page (your pre lander)
  2. You need to know the GEO location of the Applicant on the Lender's page too to be able to properly optimize and scale --this cooperation may not be available however.
  3. The you need to know the GEO location of the Approved Loan Contracts that are Closed to further optimize.

banners
Back