The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Looking for rev share setup advice

Bucky

affiliate
I'm new - I'm setting up to sell a sleep mask and am interested in using rev share marketing. I like to pay for results.

Is rev share or CPA the way to go?

Thanks

Last edited:
A CPS (the affiliate receives a commission based on the sale price) or sometimes referred to PPS (pay per sale) this is a subgroup of the overall CPA.

If you want to pay a re-purchase to the first sale affiliate: You need to database the event relating that customer to the referring affiliate ,,,

Hi gentlemen, thanks for your responses. I'm not that familiar with the various affiliate marketing formats, but I like the idea of paying for results. I've bought enought standard marketing and promotion and often been disappointed with their promises. I'll gladly pay for sales., I'm just trying to figure out the best way to achive this goal.

mapping ...
1729301320294.png

Welcome! I think rev share could be the better choice since it rewards affiliates based on the sales they generate, aligning their efforts with your goals. CPA is good for fixed costs, but if you’re looking to pay for results, rev share is the right option.

Welcome to Affiliate Fix forum mate,

Well revshare is indeed a good option to start in my opinion. Specially is there's an offer which provides multiple product options to customer to choose, mostly revshare are more profitable as publishers get's mostly the revenue then the company makes profit. Like at StarBurst Affiliates, our pubs get's a revshare on any offer for around 70% or higher as well!

Excellent graph - really defines the various options.

I haven’t utilized CPS or rev-share yet, but am anxious to try both formats, especially CPS.

I can evidently tie CPS sales directly into my payment processing system to ensure accurate tracking and payments to affiliates.

I’ll be providing a good product, and want to pay affiliates enough to get them interested in promoting my product - I’m not so concerned with the bottom line. The product is a sleep mask called the Sleep Cozy Smart Mask - as a newbie I’m evidently not allowed to include a url

If my product sells for $50, what would be an _appealing_ payout to affiliates?

33% of the Gross. 70% of the Net.
Affiliates are going to be paying is some form for the marketing of your goods, your branding and name recognition.
Considering that in most cases this will be a one time sale, with no reoccurring or up-sells ...

To be perfectly honest, I’m not at all concerned about the Sleep Cozy net profit. I’m a crowdfunding pro and don’t care about eCommerce.

I’m hoping to learn these performance-based CPS, PPS and rev-share marketing techniques to be able to effectively collaborate with successful affiliates.

I have a new Kickstarter campaign that I believe will make major money, and hope incentivized marketing may prove to be the more efficient, effective and productive way to go.

Affiliates might find collaborating on crowdfunding campaigns appealing for the following reasons:
  1. Higher Earnings: A crowdfunding prospect may initially consider a $50 offer, but additional ‘rewards’ can prompt interest in more appealing, more expensive perk tiers. CPS/rev-share affiliates benefit from these increased pledges, unlike CPC, CPL, etc., where payouts are limited to page access or sign-ups.
  2. Stretch Goals: As campaigns gain traction, project leaders often implement ‘stretch goals’ raising the overall funding amount. An initial $10k goal can increase into $100k funding. Affiliates participate in higher payouts.
  3. Optimized Sales Funnel: Prospects who visit a crowdfunding campaign get a presentation every seller dreams about—show-and-tell videos, comprehensive product details, validation from early supporters, engaging testimonials etc. These elements contribute to boosted conversions and higher earnings for affiliates.
  4. Extended Sales: Crowdfunding projects often continue to raise funds beyond the initial campaign by being sold on platforms like InDemand or Shopify-integrated sales. Affiliates continue earning commissions on these post-campaign sales.
  5. Campaigns sometimes promote subsequent campaigns. Affiliates earn commissions from these new campaigns. The InCharge Multi Charging Cable for instance has had 12 campaigns generating $4M from 650k backers.
  6. Increased Trust and Engagement: Successful crowdfunding campaigns are often seen as collaborative environments where prospects engage with a new project rather than just make a purchase. Affiliates associated with these campaigns are seen as contributors to these new ventures, building credibility and trust with their audiences.

banners
Back