The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking to give Amazon Associates another try

cannydrifters

affiliate
Looking for some newbie help... I gave AA a whirl last year and got booted off, with the following explanation, that I don't quite understand, but assume I've violated their rules in some for or another.

"We noticed that you are not using tracking IDs associated with your store in any of the Amazon Special Links you have created on your website. As a result of this, we were unable to determine the source of traffic. This is in violation of our Program Policies. Please review the application review process and policies in the link here".

I was (and still am) using shortened/cloaking links for NON Amazon affiliate links (Clickbank, etc.), which made up around 90% of my offers, with just a couple of associated Amazon products, where I made sure that they were my Amazon short links provided by Amazon. Is this a violation in their terms, or do you just think they've not taken a proper look around the site? To be fair, most pages contain affiliate links to affiliate networks, and only the odd few have relevant Amazon products listed, and even then, further down the page.

I've found a few more qualifying Amazon products that would fit nicely with my main offers, and would like to give it another try, but concerned the same is likely to happen again.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

`Brand Safety` AA wants to be able to trace back your traffic with a referrer.
Use the official AA links that they give you and not your own redirects.
I was (and still am) using shortened/cloaking links for NON Amazon affiliate links (Clickbank, etc.), which made up around 90% of my offers, with just a couple of associated Amazon products, where I made sure that they were my Amazon short links provided by Amazon.
So, you say you did that ...

It may be your cloaking practices of the "(Clickbank, etc.)," that is creating what they consider a `Brand Safety` issue for Amazon.

It could be your undefined `etc.`??? IDK
Check the etc part for banned (forbidden) products, listed in the TOS AUP it may be as innocent as adult dating ....
AI-Robo comment#
1717846899682.png

We noticed that you are not using tracking IDs associated with your store in any of the Amazon Special Links

It is a tag used to track your commissions made by your ads on the Affiliate Associate Program. It must include your Amazon tracking ID. The ID is also used to report to Amazon where your traffic originates.

Have you created your tracking ID in Amazon?

I also want to start on Amazon soon. I'm already making good money with Shopee in Brazil. And I want to do Amazon in the United States. Here in Brazil, Amazon accepts publishing the affiliate link on social networks. And from what I've read so far in the United States, Amazon doesn't allow you to share the link on social media. Can anyone who lives in the United States confirm this information?

Thanks for the replies.

Yep, I'm using bitly for my clickbank affiliate links, but was using my amazon affiliate links (with my tracking id) supplied by amazon for their products. So that is one issue.

The other is, that I review and promote gambling/betting products, mainly through clickbank. The amazon products were things like reviews of hardware (mini pc's etc) that the betting software runs on. I'm assuming issue number 2.

Could be ...
Site content is unacceptable ...
My favorite are gambling sites that prohibit explicit content --that is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Site content is unacceptable

Yep, I bet that is it. Amazon does not want products represented on sites that are not lawful or acceptable. Some of the gambling sites and products are not lawfully permitted in some countries and some of the provinces and states in North America. Some of the vendors that register here are blocked by the U.S and others blocked by New York State. Others are permitted and some are not.

Never combine gambling with non gambling related.

MI
Back