The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

SEO Experiment challenge to Bagi

temi

affiliate
Bagi seem to believe so much in hyphenated domain name giving you some sort of boost in search engine ranking, I do not believe so.

How about we register two domain names, one with hyphen and one without. We put the same contents and point the same number of links to the domain and see which one ranks better?

I will pay for the domain bagi, ready when you are to test this out :)

There may be a problem. The first page that gets indexed will stay first. The second one will be considered duplicate since it has been indexed with one minute later than the first page. And this I am not sure about, whether google can index them in the same time...

There may be a problem. The first page that gets indexed will stay first. The second one will be considered duplicate since it has been indexed with one minute later than the first page. And this I am not sure about, whether google can index them in the same time...

Thanks for pointing this out GKD, we will consider this factor in the experiment design. Different words will be used so that it will not be considered duplicates so as to avoid the fact you pointed out above.

Google doesn't give weight to hyphenated url's but you DO get benefit from the links to the site/page as the hyphenation results in the correct anchor text.

What you need to do is to make sure that the content on the page has ABSOLUTELY no relation to the domain name even stemmed or semantically.

What you need to do is to make sure that the content on the page has ABSOLUTELY no relation to the domain name even stemmed or semantically.

Another factor I will build into the experiment design, thanks for this info OWG. I will register a meaningless domain name, one hyphenated and the second with no hyphen.

I will then have contents that contains the same word but in different orders to avoid duplicate contents penalty for one of the domain.

Any other suggestions to make the experiment as perfect as possible welcomed.

Google doesn't give weight to hyphenated url's but you DO get benefit from the links to the site/page as the hyphenation results in the correct anchor text.

This are my thoughts as well, but Bagi does seem to think hyphen give you some sort of edge over non hyphenated domain names.

Temi, i will be ready to execute this game between us next week. Today i will travel to the capital city for a family visit. I didn't say that google prefers domains which are hypenated, but if you have a given website with a certain content having a related keyword rich domain name with hypens you will achieve better rankings with same efforts.

banners
Back