The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Sitelink but...

temi

affiliate
Two of my sites have got site links but I do not know they keyword the site links were awarded for, I tried the keywords I expected the to be listed for but no luck, does anyone know how I can find out what keyword the sitelink is associated with?

Thanks

It will be a phrase you come up #1 for constantly. so I would check your referral logs and go from there. it might well be your site name.

Thanks for that, funny enough, its not the site's name, that was the first thing I checked.
Will try the logs and see if I can find a clue there.

It will be a phrase you come up #1 for constantly. so I would check your referral logs and go from there. it might well be your site name.

If the logs won't work i suggest you to got to the webmaster tools, and check the top search query list. Where the sites are ranked as 1st there may be the answer.

I checked that, the site is actually on page 2 for the keyword its ranked number 1 for in webmaster tool

If the logs won't work i suggest you to got to the webmaster tools, and check the top search query list. Where the sites are ranked as 1st there may be the answer.

Temi, i suppose it was because you watched the overall results. If i were you i would select the google.co.uk result from the drop down menu and check it again.

Google delivers SERP's based on the geographic location of the user. so someone searching google.co.uk in america will see completely different results from those in the UK. Same with google.com.

If you are referring to Googles sitelinks, the titles they come up with for my pages come from the menus, and not the titles, keywords, or description. Using Google search for my road rage site "MonkeyMeter" Google will show the site links. Then go to the page, and look at the left menu. All of those site links match the menu, and not the actual page title like I would expect. Sitelinks are based on navigation though so I could see why they base them on a menu.

Hi Temi,

See screen shot of where I got my information from:

sitelink.png

Temi,

I just found another site I did a while back that confirms my first mention. Search Google for "APopularityContest". You will see its site links. Then click on them, and you will notice they do not match page title. Then go to the home page, and look for the site link titles. You will notice they again match the menu titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my site had sitelinks and I had the same problem as yours. Finally I used the site's name e.g.' ukwebmasterworld' to see the sitelinks. :) Nothing great in that :(

banners
Back