The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Top of SERP and no $$$ Help!

T

therankdirectory

I am in the top of search engine results and I am not getting as much traffic as I think I should or making as much money as I think I should. This site is regarding this years 2008 beijing olympics in MSN's searche engine, here is a list of keywords I've had in the past few days>. If you search MSN, you'll see my site is listed at the top, or at minimal the first page on very popular search terms on MSN. I've also got the top search terms on yahoo for "Find olympics tickets", and "find olympics hotels"...

In descending order from Most Searched to Least Searched

official website beijing olympics
2008 olympics tickets
2008 olympics website
xxix olympics
2008 olympics official website
www. beijingolympics.com.cn
beiging olympics.com
2008 beijing olympics on line
2008 beijing olympics unofficial
beijing olympics forum
beijing olympics official website
beijing olympics online videos
beijing olympics website
xxix olympic
xxixbeijingolympics.com
2008 beijing olympics flights
2008 beijing olympics website
2008 olymipics website
2008 olympics flights
29th olympiad
beijing olympics - official website
beijing olympics 2008/ videos
beijing olympics homepage
beijing olympics unofficial website
beijing olympics.com
beijing tickets olympics
beijingolympics.com.au
beijingolympicscom
bejiing olympics online
olympics.com
the 29th olympiad
xxix tickets
2008 beijing olympics online forum
2008 olympics online games
29 olympiad
beijing olympics hotels
find olympics tickets

My problem is that I am at the top of the SERP during the dog gone Olympics, and I'm still not making more than $4.00 per day from adsense. Here is the good news, my charts and numbers seem to be doubling everyday since 2 days before the olympics...

Traffic Chart:
Date of August Visits
1------------------------1
2------------------------2
3------------------------5
4------------------------5
5------------------------3
6------------------------18
7------------------------30
8------------------------72
9------------------------142
10-----------------------27 so far today

Would you say this website is going to eventually make decent money during the 16 day span of the olympics? My CPC has started out at .05, then .10, today its .07, but overall its averaging .13 CPC I think that the reason my CPC is soo low is because the site was started in FEB of this year and had 0's pretty much up until recently. How much longer before I start seeing increased CPC?

I just don't get it... Top of SERP for the olympics and only 142 views max so far? Shouldn't it be overloading my server, and going bezerk? The site itself really doesn't matter, so I'm not posting a link. HELP before it's too late! :( :mad:

When I saw i was listed at the top, I thought I hit a homerun... Where is the hot dogs, hamburgers, fireworks, and pretty girls? No parades, elephant ears, clowns, or mascotts... I just get pooped on.

You can still hit at least a single or doube, but adsense is a game that 99.999% never get off of the bench on, much less even get to the plate to bat.

The first part is the MSN search engine, as it only gets about 3 % of search traffic, this is the reason for low traffic. Most MSN traffic is senior citizens and first time internet users. so they likely do not even know what they are looking at, the next thing is that the adsense ads may not be of interest since you can not control it.

The revenue can probably be increased by using affiliate programs instead of adsense. Find an affiliate program that sells olympics related items, like uniforms, jerseys and other things. You may have to join several and you do not have much time.

Ttry to use a small paragraph at the top of the page for recent news about the ones who win medals daily, and give links to stuff related to them, like a team USA swimsuit. Match the daily news to people and products.

Remember, this is a job, you have to stay on top. And with affiliate programs, you could get a lot more per sale.

Do not remove the adsense, but just add affiliate links.

Hope this helps.

Ok I added some different affiliates besides Adsense and my adsense revenue started to go up for the day because of the change in layout. For flights, I have a banner that says "Free delta flight", for hotels I have "Free ritz carlton", and for the other pages I implemented some weight loss and green card affiliate.

I also implemented this tactic into my other pages and it seems to be working swell. One of the pages uses a header system that displays the banners over and over. Your suggestion lead to a new "branch" of discovery of possible profits.

Thank you very much! :D

Match the daily news to people and products.

Remember, this is a job, you have to stay on top.

I read this again, and I am in awe of what is said. These two sentences are the key to making money on the internet IMO...

banners
Back