The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

Up to date browsers and sales conversions

Graybeard

• Do you track the browsers of your traffic?
  • Do you sort the browser versions where you buy traffic?
  • Do you keep track to the browser version of your conversions?

Do you even try?

Do you know that (almost) all browsers auto-update now?
Do you know that only people that don't have the money to use current supported operating systems and what you call *bots* use fixed browser versions?

If your conversion is SOI/DOI this probably is not critical but when your offer is CPS, rev-share for some form of dropshipping
***this is one of the critical elements to consider if you expect to see any money sale conversions.

Do you know that only people that don't have the money to use current supported operating systems and what you call *bots* use fixed browser versions?
I will also add the people that boycott windows 10 and windows 11.
If these people are did not upgrade to Linux, their options for up to date browser is limited.

There is a bunch of people still on Windows 7 that are not yet Linux users.
They are not all bad actors.

How do you detect them?

You can exclude by operating system.
The easy way is at the point where you can set up campaigns.
Some better sophisticated ad networks have this feature.
That is the best way --as you don't pay for low quality traffic; like Windows 7 or Android < 9

this page publication is not dated --is it current?

I detect operating systems and browser versions, then the old and obsolete are either denied access or redirected (somewhere) with server configuration files on Nginx. If you are using Apache 2 you can do this by editing your DocumentRoot .htaccess file. Nginx has to be edited as root in ssh for remote hosted servers.

However, you do pay for the traffic if you do not sort them at the traffic network level. Basically, you are throwing the low quality traffic away.

When you redirect them, is it toward offers or toward page for potential problems?

I also imagine it could be a page where you tell them they are obsolete and should upgrade their browsers .

Some of them could be buyers or people that convert.
Are they worth the time in sorting them out?

Amazon can do it.
On the other hand, the rest of us we do not have the resource and technological power of the big corporations.

As much as I want to support those who defies Microsoft, the truth is ... time is money and paid traffic cost money.

You, who are way more experience than many of us, do you invest time to promote to those window 7 users?

When you redirect them, is it toward offers or toward page for potential problems?
For the reason I don't want them it's to a page I want to show traffic on for non-monetization. You couls use a secondary offer like earn money by __WHATEVER__.

Some of them could be buyers or people that convert.
like one out of 10,000 or none --why mess my stats and reputation up with tons of non converting traffic. As for the bots detected --the NEVER buy.

time is money and paid traffic cost money.
Very true, but I pay less (bid) if I have to take all versions of my selected traffic. When buying PPC you have problems if you are getting these.

do you invest time to promote to those window 7 users?
Absolutely not. What offers? Anyway, with Tier 1 traffic that's rare anyway now.

Warning: I have tested the Nginx server block code below myself --it seems all correct on the domain I used it on.
I think it is important mainly to be bot free on your website, as the real human users with old browsers are less that 10% when using most network traffic --but some networks *siteID* locations have been worse that others.

Use the [siteid] ,or equivalent token, in your destination URL when buying network ads and consult your tracker's documentation to include the user-agent of the client (referral) traffic in your tracker's dashboard --that would be a non-technical way to sort old browsers when you do not ban them and see what sites are sending more than ~5% junk browsers.

Here the code. AI revised my old code and updated it --the ban browsers will need to be updated to the last 2 newest versions I used Anthropic Claude Sonnet 3.5 --the free version could maybe handle the update if you do not understand regex.

Chrome and Firefox are ~70%+? of the pool.
Nginx:
Code:
# Initialize and use $block_user within this server block
set $block_user "no"; # Default to not blocking

# Block Chrome versions older than 124
if ($http_user_agent ~* "Chrome/(\d{1,2}|1[0-1]\d|12[0-3])\.") {
    set $block_user "yes";
}

# Block Firefox versions older than 124
if ($http_user_agent ~* "Firefox/(\d{1,2}|1[0-1]\d|12[0-3])\.") {
    set $block_user "yes";
}

# Allow all newer versions
if ($http_user_agent ~* "Chrome/(12[4-9]|1[3-9]\d|[2-9]\d{2}|[1-9]\d{3,})\.") {
    set $block_user "no";
}
if ($http_user_agent ~* "Firefox/(12[4-9]|1[3-9]\d|[2-9]\d{2}|[1-9]\d{3,})\.") {
    set $block_user "no";
}

# Block access if $block_user is set to "yes"
if ($block_user = "yes") {
    return 403;
}

for Apache2, in .htaccess
Warning: This code I have not tested it is 100% AI but the regex looks in alignment with the Nginx version's regex to me. You need to test it and look at your server access logs.
Code:
# Enable mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine On

# Block Chrome versions older than 124
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Chrome/(\d{1,2}|1[0-1]\d|12[0-3])\. [NC]
RewriteRule ^ - [F]

# Block Firefox versions older than 124
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Firefox/(\d{1,2}|1[0-1]\d|12[0-3])\. [NC]
RewriteRule ^ - [F]

# Allow newer versions of Chrome and Firefox
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Chrome/(12[4-9]|1[3-9]\d|[2-9]\d{2}|[1-9]\d{3,})\. [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Firefox/(12[4-9]|1[3-9]\d|[2-9]\d{2}|[1-9]\d{3,})\. [NC]
RewriteRule ^ - [L]

# Block access for any other user agents (optional, remove if not needed)
# RewriteRule ^ - [F]

Finding the Apache2 server logs:
The code blocks are in ssh for remote servers.
cPanel/WHM has a log reader as I recall --its been more than 10yrs since I used that.

1723204746938.png

Thank you @Graybeard .
This is going to be very useful.
Sorry for the delay in liking your post.
I was on a very small vacation and spent a lot less time in front of a computer.

MI
Back