The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

US Anti-trust Ruling: Google is a Monopoly

Graybeard

Now that Google has been labeled a monopolist --Google has reached a fork in the road.

Appeal to the Higher Courts is almost guaranteed.

Meanwhile, GOOG stock has taken a bad beating

google.jpg

Here is an overview article: newsweek.com

I narrowed our instant interest down with AI units:

this is to the point =>

1723676234504.png

So, the Blackhat SEO's will undo any anticipated remedy.
And the game will go on ...

1723691549164.png

History repeats itself, here we go again with spammy spun articles. They might actually be legible this time though, with AI doing the writing. Maybe.

So, the Blackhat SEO's will undo any anticipated remedy.
And the game will go on ...
Yup. SEO "experts" will be happy to realize a resurgence of their businesses, too.

I guess the wild west is making a bit of a comeback. But that's okay, the next move will be to change or regulate and round and round we go.

Youtube Dancing GIF

but what did you expect?
its a profit making company
sure they have market share & test the waters legally
but thats their job & they will keep doin it if they remain profitable
the long term solution is not lawsuits --> although valid lawsuits are important
the solution is a valid competitor
im not being political at all but Ukraine has taken it to Russia
& surprised the world
why doesnt Bing step up the challenge to Google
take the front foot?
or a new entrant comes in gets crowd funding?
lawsuits wont stop Google
worthy competition might
of course if you really want to stop Google
simply stop using it

Microsoft got hit with being a monopolist,
Microsoft's problem centered around the default installation of their Internet Explorer browser.
However, you could make the same case against Google defaulting to the Chrome browser with Android.

Firefox desktop blocks any return fingerprinting using Modernizr.js and some extended hash tracking AI and I cooked up.
Chrome/Chromium and I am assuming Edge also can be statically tracked from a cookie, some client storage data cashed or a server side database.

Chrome is Google Advertising Trojan on your computing device.

I think both of them are evil, playing dirty.

I really hate that Microsoft secretively downloaded Co-pilot in an update and automatically installed it without permission. There is no way to uninstall it unless you go into the reg (I think that's where I read it was) and do it manually. They also automatically upload all your stuff to OneDrive, again without permission. That I can get rid of but I don't know what happens to all of my files they've grabbed and pictures they've taken from my laptop and phone. Some of those files contain sensitive and confidential information. I didn't even know they were doing it until I went to open something. :mad:

store that sort of thing locally
That's always my preference and always what I've done. I've never wanted a cloud, never been hijacked to one before (that I know of). I wasn't paying attention, just saved files, as per usual. That's on me. I take pains to make sure my Word and Excel files are now stored on my laptop and backed up to my external drive. I have to change the path to send them to the right place. Burns my butt!

I have just gotten into using the Google Site Kit Plugin for WordPress. I like so many of the Google tools. Do you think there is any threat of any of the tools that Google provides being removed because of over intrusiveness or any other issue under the umbrella of monopoly and anti-trust?

the tools that Google provides being removed because of over intrusiveness or any other issue under the umbrella of monopoly and anti-trust?
I doubt it. Maybe, should Google exhaust all of their appeals --there might be some general traffic migration to other search platforms in a few years.

MI
Back