The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “CPA

What are the most important features from email marketing software you look for?

StevenMailvio

Top SaaS Platform
Service Manager
Mailvio
We are affiliates ourselves, mostly in BizzOp, and have built our own email marketing platform. I'm looking to learn from affiliates from all different industries what features would be most important to them to improve what we have built.

So, I'd love to know which features are most important for you to make more money in your affiliate business through email marketing.

Thanks.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Reputation of the sending mail server and inboxing your emails.

Thanks!

Agreed - did you know, though, that for Gmail, the IP reputation barely matters?
For Gmail everything is about domain reputation and especially since feb the IP reputation is barely counted. We've tested this ourselves and I know multiple industry titans who have confirmed it as well.

That doesn't mean it's not important at all anymore, though... iCloud, MS, Yahoo and others still put significant weight on IP rep. That said even there the trend is clearly that domain rep weight gets stronger and stronger.

If I'd had to guess Gmail is like 80% domain and 20% IP or maybe even 90-10.
MS is like 60-40 favoring domain but it also counts domain age (Gmail doesn't)
Yahoo is like 50-50
iCloud is still a bit of a mystery to me with proofpoint handling a lot of that stuff.. it seems like a hidden pay-to-play setup almost but if I'd had to guess I'd give it a 60-40 as well.

Well, if a campaign can't inbox Gmail it's a big waste these days. So many people use Gmail for various reasons if not as primary email. Gmail is a great spam filter filter me ;)

The primary issue I have had is with new registrations or subscription never found --because the end up in the Gmail spam folder. They are there for a reason people assume.

If it means anything, I used to enjoy when Facebook had people's email addresses on their profiles, that way you could use your Friends list for email marketing.

Enabling members to showcase their goods as a way to do warm sales so they can then follow and obtain followers to do email marketing would be a good addition to your platform.

Last edited:
Well, if a campaign can't inbox Gmail it's a big waste these days. So many people use Gmail for various reasons if not as primary email. Gmail is a great spam filter filter me ;)

The primary issue I have had is with new registrations or subscription never found --because the end up in the Gmail spam folder. They are there for a reason people assume.
The content of the email (phrases, html vs. text ratio) your links (including your standard unsub, report, etc.) has a lot to do with that and, then also just sending in bulk or not. Slow sending (batch sending) combined with spintax can make a big difference with that

If it means anything, I used to enjoy when Facebook had people's email addresses on their profiles, that way you could use your Friends list for email marketing.

Enabling members to showcase their goods as a way to do warm sales so they can then obtain subscriptions to do email marketing would be a good addition to your platform.
you mean like a public site where all previously sent emails from all users are displayed with some way to opt-in for readers to option for the writer of that email?

(ofc with option to opt-out for the users so their email are not displayed if they want to keep something private)..

That is actually quite a cool and original idea.. would be a huge programmatic SEO play for us too.

We are affiliates ourselves, mostly in BizzOp, and have built our own email marketing platform. I'm looking to learn from affiliates from all different industries what features would be most important to them to improve what we have built.
Your insights on email marketing, especially regarding domain and IP reputation, are spot on and really helpful. For features, many affiliates would appreciate advanced segmentation tools, easy A/B testing, and robust analytics to track performance and optimize campaigns.
I would suggest integrating features like customizable templates, automation flows, and spam score checks - it would help affiliates boost engagement and conversions.
Enabling members to showcase their goods as a way to do warm sales so they can then obtain subscriptions to do email marketing would be a good addition to your platform.
The idea of enabling warm sales through showcasing goods and capturing subscriptions directly on the platform is innovative and could be really interesting...
a public site displaying past emails with opt-in options is also intriguing and could provide significant SEO benefits while allowing affiliates to build trust and transparency with their audience.

The content of the email (phrases, html vs. text ratio) your links (including your standard unsub, report, etc.) has a lot to do with that and, then also just sending in bulk or not. Slow sending (batch sending) combined with spintax can make a big difference with that
That is just the stock answer

I removed the rest of the post as I proved it wrong. I tried with this white label and their SMTP that will not inbox. I'm done with Gmail I am done with that white label.

Last edited:
hello everyone, I am working at Maxpoint Media, a global affiliate marketing network. how can i share with you ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
hello everyone, I am working at Maxpoint Media, a global affiliate marketing network. how can i share with you ideas to earn 1000$/month
A good way to share your ideas is by starting a thread here - actionable tips, strategies, so on. You can engage in ongoing discussions and offer insights, or provide a case study - show us how people can achieve 1k/month.
What specific strategies or niches have you found most effective for reaching that milestone?

A good way to share your ideas is by starting a thread here - actionable tips, strategies, so on. You can engage in ongoing discussions and offer insights, or provide a case study
Yes, that's always good but if you're promoting your company or services, you must be an approved vendor first, which he isn't.

Your insights on email marketing, especially regarding domain and IP reputation, are spot on and really helpful. For features, many affiliates would appreciate advanced segmentation tools, easy A/B testing, and robust analytics to track performance and optimize campaigns.
I would suggest integrating features like customizable templates, automation flows, and spam score checks - it would help affiliates boost engagement and conversions.

The idea of enabling warm sales through showcasing goods and capturing subscriptions directly on the platform is innovative and could be really interesting...
a public site displaying past emails with opt-in options is also intriguing and could provide significant SEO benefits while allowing affiliates to build trust and transparency with their audience.
awesome - we pretty much have all that. Just for the 'live' spam score check when creating your email we need to do better. We have like Glock-apps functionality built-in which is fantastic but it's not real-time and takes a few minutes etc and many people seem to lazy to use it each time :D we need to make it more instant feedback detecting spammy words / phrases. It's on our todo list.

from user pov one click unsubscribe should mean one click unsubscribe
not 'it will take 30 days'
or 'manage your subscriptions'
or the hellish 'login to manage your preferences'
it should be ONE click to unsubsctibe or at worst click unsubscribe and then click a confirm button
from a users pov

MI
Back