The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

www.linkspub.com - Nice directory but a complete mess

temi

affiliate
I can't quite remember how I found myself at a directory called Links Pub
the site has got a good PR and traffic but I think its a complete mess starting right from the homepage with a banner telling me the country I come from and my IP address as if I do not know my own country or my IP address.
Adverts and premium links are plastered haphazardly on the homepage making a coherent surfing of the home page by theme impossible.

I braced the homepage to go to the submission page and that is not inspiring either, there are too many packages to choose from, with the choice spilling to the right and left of the screen and yet more you have to reach only by scrolling.
I wanted a paid listing, but there are yet different kinds of paid listing which allows you to submit your site to top or second categories etc etc, eventually I got really frustrated with this site and just moved on to spend my money elsewhere.

One think directory owners needs to be aware when creating submission option is something called KISS
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

One think directory owners needs to be aware when creating submission option is something called KISS
Thiss KISS method suppose to be very effective. Otherwise i'm sure the owner of the mentioned site is not a designer and not sure that he ever checked it with any browser.

The problem is not unique to him, I have gone to some directories where you need a PhD to understand what you need to do to submit your site. I think three submission option, maximum of 4 is the best and DO NO write lengthy instruction and the options should be very very clear, the site in question has 3 types of featured listing and information about the three listings does not fit into one screen, by the time you scroll to read the last featured listing contents, you have forgotten the first options maybe I am just too stupid :(

I know who the owner of this directory is. He is a good guy. I can pass this feedback on to him if you wish or even invite him here

Thiss KISS method suppose to be very effective. Otherwise i'm sure the owner of the mentioned site is not a designer and not sure that he ever checked it with any browser.

Your right on that aspect Bagi,

I'm not a designer and the site was designed by Jani. I sort of supervised on how I would like it to appear.

I asked somebody else to post this, but then thought what the heck, I might as well post it myself.

Linkspub is different then and offers features you will not find on any other directory on the internet.

The adverts you are referring to on the homepage are not adverts but business cards which we make at our own cost for our submitters.

We also rotate your listing details in our polls section.

About the IP & country box, alot of people repeatedly come back to our homepage to see that information, which keeps our homepage super busy.

Along with that info, we also show them the business cards of our submitters, right on the homepage, driving more traffic to our submitters.

Page loads are extremely fast & viewers use our directory to browse resources.

Another feature is coming out within the next week & were sure you will enjoy it.

If you want, u can talk with the management of Linkspub directly at They have set up an area for Linkspub Directory.

It's also like a revenue sharing forum for those interested & want to make some extra cash, and half the adsense ads runs are of thread starters & participators.

Thanx

Adnan,
Thanks for taking the time to come over here and give clarification on your website. You obviously know your user better than anyone else, I still maintain my assertion that some fine tuning to make you site more efficient, submission process simpler and easier will double your income from directory submission if not treble it. In my experience, most people who submit sites to my directories are professional webmasters, who just want to come to a directory, submit their website and go as quickly as possible, most of they time they submit multiple sites so efficiency of directory submission interface is of paramount importance.
Anyway, good luck to you, when you do a major update to your site, you may want to consider involving a design and get some of your users to test it and give you feedback before you roll it out.

Thankx GK,

I'll be joining your forum too soon.

And thx Temi, for your feedback.

And many thanks for your honest review.

Much appreciated.

Believe it or not, my little Linkspub has gotten so much criticism its just unbelievable.

From some famous people in the industry too, lol without mentioning any names.

But you know what. People kinda remember my linkspub for 1 reason or another. :)

And a good feature is coming out next week. Lets see how it goes after that.

I would appreciate if you would stop by our DJ Forums and say hi whenver you have an extra minute.

And I'll do the same here.

take care

Adna,
You response to the critisism is also positive, now I see why GKD said you are a nice guy, I will joing you forum later today or tomorrow :)

Adnan, i would like to apologize for the tune of the criticism, i didn't want to offend you and i really glad about your positive approach to this thread.

banners
Back