The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

UK Specific SEO Tips

1) As others have mentioned, use a .co.uk domain
2) host the site in the UK.
3) Most important (in my experience) : obtain links from other sites that are hosted in the UK and that have a UK domain variant.
4) Include the following meta tag code in your pages : <meta http-equiv=”content-language” content=”en-GB” />
5) You can also create a Google webmaster tool account, within which there is the ability to specify the "geographic target" for your site. I haven't used this personally but have heard this can also help. See image below:

googleexample.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as your site is either a .co.uk or is hosted by a UK server then you should have no problem being picked up for the UK. It doesn't really matter if you have incoming links from outside the UK.

In my experience if I obtain backlink from .com web sites, I rank better in Google.com but not in .co.uk. It was only when I started to add my site to UK directories did my UK ranking improve.

Either that or it could have been a big coincidence. A quick read (if that's possible) of the Google patent will probably shed some light on this (link below)

United States Patent Application: 0070143345

MI
Back