The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is the correct use of Anchor Text?

J

jmeager

I am working to build backlinks for my site.

We have quite clear and direct keywords for the site.

When I am building backlinks I am aiming for relevant, quality ones. If I am in a musical instrument forum I sometimes want to direct people to a specific product to meet their needs.

My question is what is the more significant anchor text - the name of the product as per our website listing, or for the anchor text to be a keyword. For example, am I better having the link as the precise product name, or having the product name as just text, followed by the keyword as the Anchor Text hyperlink?

Last edited:
hi

I am working to build backlinks for my site Gear4music.com

We have quite clear keywords for the site such as 'electric guitar', 'drum kit', 'digital piano'.

When I am building backlinks I am aiming for relevant, quality ones. If I am in a musical instrument forum I sometimes want to direct people to a specific product to meet their needs.

My question is what is the more significant anchor text - the name of the product as per our website listing, or for the anchor text to be a keyword. For example, for a Fender Standard Strat, Metallic Black, Tinted Neck am I better having the link as the precise product name (as previous), or having the product name as just text, followed by Electric Guitar as the hyperlink?

you can use your product name as a keyword...or have mixture of tat
online electrical guitar shop..buy an electric guitar this way....

Which of those would be the best in terms of what the Google bots will see? I read that it is better to make the anchor text more informative (such as saying: "read more about...") and hence would putting "online electrical guitar shop" or a variation not be the best solution?

It is up to you which of those would you like to use. But in my own experience , if you have the targeted visitors ,go for a keyword ,however using excessive numbers on it may detected as spam.

Cool, thanks very much for your help.

I'm trying to vary the keywords linking back to the site every few times I post so it doesn't get marked!

MI
Back